How to tell if someone is ocd?

I feel like I have ocd -.-

I just clean everything... Especially when I'm trying to avoid conflict and I just want to make others happy such as my roommate or my coworkers I will clean clean clean and make sure everything is organized. I don't like to yell at people to clean or be angry about it but yeah I'll pretty much just clean if you tell me too or if I see something dirty. If I don't I just feel like off or lazy

Most Helpful Guy

• Do you feel like, you gotta wash your hands several times (3-5 times before dinner/lunch) because you think they're dirty?

• Yesss I wash my hands and use hand sanitizer always. If I get dirty I really need to shower or if I make a mess I need to clean it right away

• Yeah, that's a sign of OCD

What Guys Said 4

• do you avoid stepping on any cracks in the floor?

• I think most of us are a little odd, that's how me make order out of chaos

• Do you want everything to be symmetrical or perfect?

• Ocd for what? Cause there's plenty of things you could be ocd about.

What Girls Said 4

• persistent thoughts or agitation or worry or behavior you feel you can not control or stop. i think there are tendencies in everyone and diagnosis is based on how far you swing on the pendulum... they calculate actual numbers like if a repetitive activity worry behavior thought 'obsession' ritual etc, takes up so many hours in a week and interferes with carrying out obligations and having what ever is considered full healthy lifestyle...

• You go to a doctor and get a professional diagnosis.

• I think they'd get a terror if they don't wash their hands or the house gets messy and is unclean for them.

• That's not what OCD is. Being a clean person or being bothered by a mess is not what OCD is.