Is It ok that I do this?

I met this new guy, I want to invite him over but I don't allow shoes at all in my house. When I get to my house I take off my shoes and socks and put them away, I don't like my house to be dirty, I clean it when I have the chance. So, is it ok if I invite him over to apply the same rule or he won't understand it or think I'm a weirdo or something.

16

Most Helpful Girl

• Your house, your rules. And it's not even a crazy rule.

What Girls Said 15

• Your house, your rules. Just simply say "take your shoes off before you come in" give him a smile, and walk into your house.

• Tell him if he walks more than a foot beyond the area where you take yours off. I'm the same way. Most I know generally copy what you do when first arriving.

• I would ask him first if he is comfortable taking his shoes off but dont worry if he is really in to you he won't care

• thats fine most people take off their shoes in the house, i think it would be weird if you didn't

• Of course, many people do this. You and he will feel more comfortable with shoes off... unless his feet smell...

• i hope his feet dont smell.. hahaha. But yeah, your right, we will be more comfortable :()

• If you're in the mood for girl talk, message me! I feel like talking about guys and crushes and sex...

• This rule is applied in almost every household including mine. When I come home from wherever I was the first thing I do is take of my shoes and put it in the shoe closet.

• Asians don't wear shoes in their house anyway so it's not weird.

• It's not weird in any way. In my country, you can't step into a house with shoes.

• He sold understand its, your house and something that you feel is necessary, he should respect that if he likes you. But it's not a big deal , many people does that in there house. He may experience it before. I say invite him over.

• No, loads of people have that rule or similar. He'd probably respect the fact that you had the confidence to ask him to follow your rules.

• I thought I was the only one, or like 1 in 10000

• Well I have the same rule in my house, and I have quite a few friends that do too, so I can't imagine it is that unusual.

• just ask him to take his shoes off when he comes in

• Loads of people I know do this. It's hardly a deal breaker just tell him :)

• It's not weird

• He should follow you're rules
    What if he a amazing guy, do u always want him to dirty you're house up. And not know the real you, if he is a good guy hell understand

• What colour are your toes? Just asking

• Mostly red, I always like to change the color of my toes. I like red and blue :)