If I feel pain after the workout does it mean that the muscles are staring tone?

So I've been doing abs and triceps workouts and i feel so much pain , is it working?

When the pain would be less

Most Helpful Girl

• Usually a workout where you have muscle soreness means it is working - basically the workout damages muscle fibres causing the body to respond by fixing the damage but your body will make it stronger (basically your body adapts to the work it has to do). This is what causes you to build bigger muscles. But make sure you give them a couple of days to repair before you work out those muscles again... otherwise you risk overtraining - that is, the body hasn't had a chance to repair the damage and you damage them again.

What Girls Said 3

• Yes but don't over do it. Too much at once can cause more harm than good.

• Pain doesn't mean it's working or that you did it right. Muscles can hurt if you've never trained them before. If you get used to a workout, your muscles might not hurt no matter how much you train, but it is still effective. So pain is not an indicator of a good workout.

• What kind of pain? Is it soreness or muscle fatigue because I'd so that means you got a good workout? If it's a sharp pain you may have injured yourself?

What Guys Said 1