Is 200 $ too much for a watch?

Don't know if that'd be spending too much but it looks sick!

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 14

• That's a lot of money for a watch, especially if you only want it because it looks good. Do teenagers really need watches that cost more than $100?

• It looks sooooo sick tho

• I didn't say you would break it lol. If you're only buying this watch because of the way it looks or the brand that's on it, without considering if the quality or functions are worth it and useful to you, it's a waste of money. My brother spends a lot of money on watches but he only buys high end Casio G-Shocks because they're one of the only watches approved for use at high altitudes (he's an air force pilot).

@Anno_Domini: Some people do, for specific reasons. But most don't. I'm wearing a watch that I got for $50 and it looks good and does what it's supposed to. Yet there were people here who lined up for hours just to get the Apple iWatch. I don't get it.

• True, if you need something durable for extreme conditions, then you need to pay more... but to buy an expensive watch just because it's expensive is silly.

• for me it'd be one that works.. if I can see the time I'd be fine with it :o

• The most I have spent for a watch is 40 dollars.. But hey, if you really love it then why not save up and buy the watch?

• I believe it is expensive, yes, especially for something as useless as a watch, it's basiclly an accesory. How many other things one could buy for 200 bucks,...

• 200 things at the dollar store

• hahaha exactly, lol
      or food, clothes, stuff you actually need :P but it's your life and your money ;)

• Well what does it look like? And is it your money or your parents money that you plan to but it with?

• For me yes because I lose everything xD I'd always be scared to lose it or break it and I wouln't be able to enjoy myself as much when I'd have it on.

• Lol you can't loose a watch its on you're wrist that's like losing your shirt😂

• you can if a piece breaks or something. & I mean like if I take it off to go swimming or something then BOOM it's gone. Or put it somewhere then forget. I do that a lot

• After seeing someone spend 7000 on a watch, 200 seems little to me..

• $200 sounds reasonable... quality costs.

• For myself it would be.

• I DON'T THINK PAYING $200 ISN'T TOO MUCH TO PAY FOR A WATCH YOU ARE PAYING FOR THE SWAG AND THE COMMENTS YOU'LL BE GETTING

• No cause the one in my profile pic is $250

• There are five hundred and seven hundred dollar watches on sale on Jackthreads for one hundred twenty. I got a nine hundred dollar watch for 120, it looks awesome.

• I consider it way too much.

• i dont think it is.

What Guys Said 9

• Yes a waste of money

• Seems a lot to me.

• In my opinion that's too much, only paid $1 for my watch and it's still going strong after $10 years.

• Get a $17,000 gold-plated Apple Watch... LOL

(I can't believe that the Apple CEO could stand there on the stage and announce that product with a straight face)

• Dude, buy it already!!

• Nope I spent $475 on one once it was totally worth it

• anything over $50 is too much.

• It is for me!

• Which brand?

• There's a 200$ nike and a 200$ Addidas

• Not that expensive... but still quite an amount, just to be able to tell time.
      If you want a great quality timepiece, you could easily spend 5 times that amount.
      Just stay clear of smartwatches... they're just glorified pretentious junk.

• Ew they look gross