Selfie experts, do you use the front camera or the back camera to take selfies?

If you use the front camera, mind to share which phone you've tested has the best front camera and which ones have the worst front camera?
I've just tested the front camera of the Sony M2 Aqua. Frankly, it might as well not exist. 😨

• Front camera
  • Back camera
  • It depends (on what?)
Oh my.. Non selfie experts are welcome give their opinions too about front camera quality of the cams they've used xD

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not a selfie expert. I use the back camera more, since the front camera quality is often very bad compared to the other one.

What Guys Said 9

• I use the uh. . . front camera with a selfie stick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XohjwUpbLVY

33.media.tumblr.com/.../...02zJfR1sxcftfo1_400.gif

oh and what phone? My phone is the iKill 5s

• back mostly

• I'm not a selfie expert soo you can clearly see my arm reaching out to take a picture LOL

• Same here lol.. are you an iphone user too? It seems most people using the front cam are iphone users.

• Naa I'm using a Samsung phone

• Always the front camera. It's easier because I can control my face expression.

• I use the front camera. I have a Motorola - Moto G.

• is it good?

• Back camera is good and has a built in flash. Front camera is okay, but it doesn't come out as good quality when taken in dark areas, but in lighter areas the quality is great.

• I always use the front camera because I know what the pic looks like then

• I use front!

• Front camera, though I m not selfie expert

• Whichever has a higher resolution. They aren't always the same quality.

• I don't think I've seen a phone that has a higher resolution in the front camera than in the back camera xD

What Girls Said 7

• I use the front camera!

• mind to share which phone you've tested has the best front camera and which ones have the worst front camera?

• have you had the 5 before? is there a huge difference the 6 and the 5 like there is a huge difference between 5 and 4?

• There really isn't that much of a difference. I had both the 5 and the 5c.

• I very rarely take selfies but they back camera is typically of much better quality. But for the sake of convenience I use the front

• After testing a few phones, I think the back camera is always about the same quality, nothing to complain about, but there is a huge gap of quality between the front cameras of phones. It's like comparing DLSRs to compact cameras to webcams from 2005 lol

• Always the front. It hides bad details of my face, plus it's a hassle to use the back camera anyways. iPhones have great front cameras.

• I noticed the quality of the front camera of an iphone 4 is muuuuch better than the front camera of the m2 aqua despised having less resolution 0.3mp vs 1.1mp. I don't know if the cameras of that sony phone are broken or the stats are wrong.

• @YourFutureEx I see.. but isn't it pointless to spend more money to get higher resolution when they don't improve the quality of the cam? It's not very efficient.

• That's we call marketing. A lot of people don't know about this thing. They buy phones just because of extra pixels.
      You can have a great professional camera which captures breathtaking pic. Which is only 21MP.

It's not that costly to produce higher MP cams but increasing the quality would require good amount of money and labour.

• Front camera, I've always used an iPhone so I don't have a comparison for you.

• I use the frontcamera on my iPhone 5s :)

• Front! Rarely back unless I'm in front of a mirror.

• Samsung Galaxy S6's front camera was freaking awesome. :)