Write questions on paper before posting on GAG?

Why don't askers write their questions on paper and then read them to make sure they make sense and to try and eliminate spelling mistakes that lead to ambiguity?
I think it would help opinion givers understand what is being asked. I know that there is this preview option, but I wonder how many askers actually read and re-read it before pressing the post button?

Closes eyes, goes back to sleep. Could be your question that gets no reasonable answers except inane one liners.

Most Helpful Girl

• Does writing it on paper help with spelling? My spelling etc is much better on the computer. Maybe that's because of dyspraxia :P On the old InvisionFree roleplaying forums I used to haunt I would always write my posts in Microsoft Word first and review it w/ spell check etc. before posting it. A lot of those forums actually had penalties for bad grammar, believe it or not! You could get banned from the website for consistent mistakes. They were pretty ridiculous, lol.

I have never seen a real issue with intelligability on this website, honestly.

• I've come across a few in the last 3-4 weeks. I have to read them several times as they refer to multiple guys all called "him" or "he". It's sometimes really confusing to work out who was doing what to who. ( My words are grammatically incorrect there!! LOL!! )

• Probably doesn't help much with spelling, but might help to remove a few embarrassing typos!

• And kudos for being able to deal with dyspraxia!!

What Girls Said 7

What Guys Said 11

• 1|1
    • If you want us to save the world then we should all turn our phones and computers off!! Save some cash as well!!

• Wonder how much energy went into the making of the solar charger. Most people aren't bothered with solar panels, more's the pity. I reckon most people just plug in to the mains! I do!

• @BertMacklinFBI - not chargers but just panels which generate electricity.

• its the internet where most people don't give a shit :P lol

• 0|0
  • Spelling errors can be eliminated by paying attention to what you type in on the soft keys of the phone keyboard.

Making sense is something that only others will notice. To the question asker, the question made perfect sense.

• i always write em down on micro word before

• Did you do that before asking this question?

• I actually edited it twice in the preview page before I pressed submit Did my question make sense? Was it ambiguous? I think you understood it!!
      My reason for asking this is that I bypass so many question because I find them so difficult to interpret.

• well that's not really necessary. People just don't spend enough time in the "preview question" area :)

• Hell no. Just type it and send it.

Talk about a waste of time!

• I reread it.

• Willy billy silly billy stinkin smelly

• Because it's GAG... not graduate school!!!

• That's why I bypass so many questions. Too difficult to interpret!!