Best way to deal with a toxic work environment?

The negativity and feeling of being singled out is coming from the General Manager, mind you, so it's not something I can take to a manager.

He wrote me up for crap that others have also done and they didn't get write ups for, and he's gone to two different scheduling managers and told them to cut my hours back without speaking to me and telling me what im doing wrong. As far as I'm concerned I'm doing as everyone else does. I'm job hunting, but nobody is biting. And the two jobs I've mentioned in prior questions both can take up to a couple months to get to my application.

Sorry for the single paragraph break, GaG is being a cunt on my mobile browser.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 13

• You have to enforce discipline fairly. However, if he can claim ignorance or lack of evidence on the others it won't stick. You need to prove to HR that something of equal or worse happened to a different gender or ethnicity employee with no repercussions and his full knowledge.

That being said, it's probably not worth making a mess and career limiting move over. Are mad, yes. Is it wrong, yes. Is it worth putting a black mark on your record over, probably not.

Keep job hunting. Keep your head down. Listen to the feedback and do what they pay to do. Clock in, clock out, go home. Remember, people quit their boss not their job.

This is why finding the perfect fit is more important than the perfect job. Company culture, benefits, co-workers are more important than money in my experience.

• Unfortunately I don't have any choice but to make money the more important factor here. If I can't find a full time job with the wage I need, then I'm stuck. I can't even afford to live with the hours this asshole has cut me down to.

• Did they make any guarantees on hours? Are you FT or PT?

They definitely want you to quit by starving you out so they don't have pay unemployment.

I know you have to live. But the key to finding that great job is to talk about more than pay, expectations, and qualifications.
      When I get recruited, I discuss the
      company's overall vision,
      reason for the opening, specifically what they need done (this how you will be measured as a successful employee) improve profitability, increase sales, increase employee retention, etc...
      Previous pitfalls or what's wrong with their current state.
      All of this you will get very easily. Now the BIG stuff that all interviewers get excited about
      Ask about the company's culture
      Who do you report to, what do they need in a team player
      What made them successful

• I'm full time with benefits so they have to give me at least 30 hours, but my ability to survive on this job cuts out at 35 hours.

• They’re trying to force you out so you can’t draw unemployment. They’re going to eventually fire you if they can’t push you out, so keep looking for another job. Look into the workforce solutions office for your state, for example I live in Texas and my state service is the Texas workforce commission, find the equivalent for your state, they can assist with preparing a resume, mock job interviews and and other tools to assist in your job search.

• Just keep job-hunting, so that you can leave as soon as possible.

• Find your satisfaction in the job itself, without caring about the environment: the job and you and fuck the rest.

• Bruh
    Is there anyone you could talk to about this clown?
    If not, you're just gonna have to deal.
    Unless you want to go straight to the man himself.

• Well there's a chance HR could be telling him to force me out for some reason or another, but I'm not even on their radar, which leads me to believe he's doing it himself. However I could be wrong and potentially making things worse for myself by making it known to them I'm aware I'm being forced out.

• I don't know what to tell you link.
      Maybe just toe the line (to not give him an unnecessary excuses to come down on you) and deal with the crap for a couple more months.
      Won't be any fun... But you might have to :/

• Request a meeting with him and talk it out!

I feel like he's trying to get rid of you. :X

• Does your job have an HR department? i think you can call them and report what your boss is doing. maybe they will do something, i don't know.

• Nooby mistake :0 never ever let on in work you're looking for another job, ahh well uve learnt the hard way i guess :p

• GaG annoys my phone aswell crashes safari all the time.

I've grown to get used to hate, I play csgo a lot and Russians, well yeah cyka BLYAt if you get that reference.

A lot of people in life are like it, you have to get used to it

• collect proof of mistreatment then you can blackmail

• My proof is basically all my coworkers agreeing that he's trying to force me out and seeing how shitty he's being to me. They all notice he's singling me out.

• Either quit or suck it up if you have to. Your dignity is most important.

• You should work were I work, super easy.

• If you are concerned that he or she is singling you out, you can take it to HR. Best thing to do is find a new job and go about your day. DO NOT stur anything up, dont complain to any coworkers!

What Girls Said 4

• The Ops Manager at my old job has always been a cunt to me. I have no idea why she took such a dislike to me, considering that my performance stats were always in the top chart. I hardly ever spoke to her, so it's not like she knew me as a person either.

We had a recognition day every month for the top performer and they would get 1 extra holiday day added and they would be announced to the floor for applause.

Whenever I was top performer, she conveniently rescheduled the event or simply cancelled it, so my name was never ever announced even though I got the extra holiday allowance.

It was too toxic and catty to stay, so I left as soon as I got offered the new job.

• It's a sign that you 're not meant to be there. You need a new job.

• It's time to find a new job, my dear.

• Everyone has a boss. Even the general manager does. Take it up higher. That is unfair and it needs to be bought up. I hope it gets better for you girl. Nobody likes working in a toxic environment. Been there

• When I brought it up to my sister, who was a manager for this company, she said it sounded like he was trying to force me out. She also said the owners tell managers to do that, so I don't know if he's doing it of his own accord or if the owners have told him to do it.