Could you locate your own country on a map or globe?

If you were given a map or globe that didn't indicate geographic or political boundaries, would you be able to locate your own country on it? Would you be able to tell where your state/province was located? Your hometown? Or would you be able to get it down to a general area? How geographically literate are you?

Study Reveals Geographic Illiteracy

0|0
6|10

Most Helpful Guy

• Too me that is up there with "Can you spell your own name?"

1|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• Of course. It's the second largest country by area in the world. I'd be able to directly pinpoint my city as well, and also the city I was born in.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, easily. It'd be easy to locate.

0|0
    0|0
  • I live in Kansas, yes I could locate it no problem, wouldn't be hard I don't think for myself.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I could ^^

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm pretty geographically literate because in middle school this one teacher had us constantly taking print outs of continents and having to name every single country on them. Then have a test over all of them.

• ***easily***

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah i could.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 9

• hmmmm lemme see... ahhh i dunno sorry o_O

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course!

0|0
    0|0
  • I usually can't even see it on a map but I know the area. Geo was one of my favourite subjects. I can find any on a map

0|0
    0|0
  • With ease.

0|0
    0|0
  • Seriously, locate USA? Easy, point anywhere (get it?). And I can do all of the rest, I have a map in my house.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah.. That's so easy

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course, I could... I'm not stupid.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well living in a small country it won'

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes yes...