Guys, does your girlfriend allow you to have girls who are friends?

My coworker and I used to be super close. He was like my shadow for the longest. Then he got a girlfriend and now we barely talk anymore. I asked him to go out with other coworkers for a work related party, he said cool but didn't ask for my number though we have his. A mutual coworker said he's less close to me out of respect for his girlfriend. Is that even a thing?

8

Most Helpful Guy

• "A mutual coworker said he's less close to me out of respect for his girlfriend. Is that even a thing? "

Sure it is.
    I'm pretty sure you wouldn't like your guy to be another woman's shadow.

I'm not saying his girlfriend should be able to dictate him anything. But if he is doing it on his own, without her asking, then I think that calls for respect.

What Guys Said 7

• "Allow" lol.

I feel bad for guys who are pussy whipped that bad.

No way should you let your girl dictate who you have as friends...

• That's the one of the reasons why some guys chose to be single because of all that whole BS Anti-female friend scenario. It's kinda weird but jealousy doesn't have limits.

• She says me to see them more often but I think once/yr is enough.

• I had a girlfriend who was really jealous of a female friend of mine it was a nightmare.

• sure... just friends r fine no?

• Sometimes people can be over protective. I'm all about giving each other space. I would never make my girlfriend have to lose touch with friends. Likewise, I wouldn't want to lose touch with lady friends.

• I don't have a girlfriend, but if I did and she trused to control who I could be friends with, we'd probably be parting ways.

• Yeah, but she doesn't like them