Is it my mind or am I just not photogenic?

I always had people (strangers, family, girlfriends and even some of my guy friends) commenting on my looks telling me that i'm handsome and that i have such beautiful eyes and bla bla bla. I always think i'm really good looking when i look at myself in the mirror. I would give myself a high rate but then when i take a photo of me, i think i look absolutely gross and completely different from how i look in the mirror. This has been annoying me since i was a kid and i always thought i look weird in photos. Mirror = handsome. photos = no matter how many times i tried, i still look like absolute shit and i feel like i need to spank myself for being this ugly. So i tried to take some photos of me and then ask some close people to tell me if the photos look different from what i look in real life and in the mirror. So it was a differentiation between three (photos, mirror, real life). All of those i asked said that i look the same and that there's maybe a little difference and that i look as attractive in real life as in photos. This pisses me off and mind fucks me. What the hell is wrong with my mind (or face)? why do i think i am a 9 in the mirror and a 4 in the photo? (By the way, i always think i look a little better when i take the picture from the mirror's reflection).

Most Helpful Girl

• It's because in the mirror what you see is 'flipped'; it's a 'mirror image' rather than what other people see. You're more used to seeing that so when you see a photo of yourself you feel like it looks really weird. There's also issues of focal length; the focal length of the camera will make a big difference

What Girls Said 2

• PHotos show a 2-d image of you so the movements and depths are different which is why you might not look as good in photos but don't worry - if you have girlfriends saying you are good looking and dating you then you are good looking.

• It's in your mind.

What Guys Said 3

• the human eye with the clarity of 540 megapixels
    and the best standard cameras I think go up to 50 mega pixels
    so obviously there is a discrepancy between camera and real life

• Really helpful and makes sense. But then again, the picture looks better when i take it from the mirror's reflection. Maybe it's just my mind that got used to the mirror version of me or maybe it's because of the distance? Anyway, i hope you are right. Thanks :)

• hahahha me too bro... in photos i tend 2 look worse in my opinion

• And what other people say about the real life and photo version of you?

• Irl better lol

• I'm so not photogenic either