All the racist comments made me dislike some races?

Every time I see a guy of a certain race I think of all the racist comments people on here have said. I can't look at them the same way as before because now I just think they all think the same, i know this is not true but that's how these comments have made me feel. I used to like dating guys from outside my race but now I can't do it anymore. Has anyone felt this way? Any suggestions on how to change my way of thinking?

Most Helpful Guy

• The countermeasure is to attempt to apply the stereotypes of your own sex/race on yourself and see just how much it doesn't actually match, which indicates that these mass generalizations are equally invalid for any other race.

Note that this rule does not necessarily apply for all religions. Race determines where your parents originate from.
    Sex determines which side of the reproduction coin you got between your legs.
    But religion defines what you were taught to believe and still believe in, what you take for granted in life, and what you see as 'normal' and "right", and "wrong".

What Guys Said 10

• A few of the bitter threads and self-defeatist "questions" on GaG does make me facepalm... and do breathing exercises.

Some day I'm gonna get a stroke or a heart attack after reading another one of those "do I have a chance?" threads or "do white guys/gals like ____" questions.

• If you let that change the way you see entire races.
    you're just as ignorant as the people making the comments in the 1st place.

• The racist people are idiots, and they really don't represent anyone but themselves. Just focus on that, I guess.

• Whats yoour race?

• Mixed I'm half Asian, half white.

• I'm/was attracted to black guys.

• So, what, whites disparaging them made you agree with the assholes?

• interesting, here's what you should do, Go in the post and give them your honest opinion. You were playing the victim so all that hatred and negativity came into you without you even knowing it.

• I wasn't the victim actually it's just what this guy I liked said, I'm attracted to black guys mostly but now after what that guy said i can't trust that they aren't racist anymore.

• and it's not necessarily a bad thing, you don't sound racist at all.

• I think you're just confused.

• What racist comments have they made?

• So people being racist makes you hate the poor insulted people? At least be sensible, damn, I mean, hell, Internet racism made me hate/heavily dislike most white people, because of all the hateful shit I read.

• No I don't hate the poor insulted people. It's the racist things that those people say that makes me not want to date them anymore.

• Why would you believe a racist, they're just pathetic assholes.

• What types of racist comments, out of curiosity?

• Then stick to your own race.

• Stay with your own race I suppose if it bothers you

What Girls Said 1

• You let the negative people of one ethnicity trick you into lumping all those individuals together as one identity.

• Yes that's exactly what happens and I can't help it.

• You can try though. There are workshops on 'race' relations. And through these dialogues you will not only hear first hand accounts on stories similar to yours, but you can also converse with the people you fear or hate in a relaxed and nonjudgmental environment.