Can anyone else agree with the general nation of Germans being cold and quite arrogant?

I used to live in Austria and I've travelled and lived abroad my whole life. I am currently working with a few germans and no problems, but just so cold and unfriendly. Is it because they had their asses handed to them in the war?

Most Helpful Guy

• thanks to @hypno-trip again :)

i am german and i can confidently say that it has absolutely nothing to do with the wars. other then history lessons at school there is nothing that would even remotely remind us at the war, since it´s too far in the past (even my granparents were very young during the war)

i guess it depends on where you are but yeah i experience my own people to often not be very open and/or particularly friendly. it´s really rare to find people like this.

• I think you are friendly though

• yeah i am friendly on the internet and if you know me very well :D i am pretty quiet in person though and probably act distanced, because i never learned any better from my people.

What Girls Said 3

• Nah I think just their culture is a bit different and they have sort of a different sense of humour, attitude etc. so it seems that way. All the German people I've known have been lovely, although I'll admit one lady I know who's a close friend of my auntie's can be quite sort of stern and severe. She's great really though

• Well my friend said that. She's American.

I do partially agree. Some do have a superiority complex.

• I have ever knew a german, he was a asshole. but i have too say that not all the german are cold and unfriendly.

What Guys Said 5

• WW2 was partly started because Germans didn't like how they lost WW1. They still sometimes have hard feelings about WW2 but maybe it also effects of overnationalism from many generations...

• Any person of any Nationality can be cold and arrogant. Americans can be, French can be, Germans can be. the list goes on and on. I have met nice people from plenty off countries even Germany.

• Notion*

filler filler

• I heard that claim too... Maybe that's why Germany is so developed.

• yeah, probably haha, I think only to foreigners though.