Will this seriously hurt me?

Will 48 hours of no sleep hurt me? What's the longest you've been without sleep?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well it's not good for you and the longest I've stayed awake was 48 hours.

What Guys Said 11

• Nope.
    However it's still not healthy.

www.huffingtonpost.com/.../...oshan_n_1631703.html

"Man Dies After Going 11 Days Without Sleep"

So let's say 11 days is the human limit.

• I could pull of 72 hours when I was younger (with the help of an awful lot of energy drinks). It's not good for you.

• Won't do any permanent damage. Just make sure you are not driving or doing anything dangerous. You will feel like shit for a day but you will go back to normal. I was doing a mountaineering expedition and went without sleep for 36 hours and it wasn't bad. Probably the adrenaline pumping of climbing for 30 hours straight kept me feeling ok.

• Mentally yes but it will require more then two days of no sleep for you to go insane and lose your mind.

• Well Its not good for you girl

• I have gone 8 days without sleep and often too lol

• I was awake for 3½ days. Your heart and brain are affected. Caffeine usage can be harmful to the heart.

• No :) People have survived with more than a week of no sleep.

• After a while you start hallucinating.

• hah, 72 hours and I still got all A's

• yeah surely it will

What Girls Said 8

• Uh, it's definitely not good for you. There probably won't be any major long term problems, but it's not gonna be pleasent. I couldn't do it. I don't even know what's the longest I've stayed up, maybe like 30 hours.

• A day. I did an all nighter, twice a week. Several times in a month. The body needs sleep to recover/re-energise. I'm use to it, but I'm not 100% like I would like to be with a good nights rest.

• You can actually die from lack of sleep first than you would starving to death. Lack of sleep can cause SERIOUS problems and after a point would kill you.

• It is not good and you will start feeling physically sick.
    I think the longest I've gone without sleep was 20h the most 😂

• I doubt it.

• A whole day. I almost fell asleep on the bus

• I used to have very severe insomnia when I was severely depressed and went a week without sleeping.

• I have a chronic depression and I also get insomnia from time to time. Like at least 3-4 times in a month

• 15 hours without sleeping.