What was your life changing experience?

Most Helpful Guy

• Working at the hospital and helping out the pathology lab. I ended up going to the morgue daily and seeing autopsies. I've seen well over 100 dead people. When you see death everyday for years your mortality is embedded in your brain and you see life completely different. Few people understand how precious life truly is.

• Wow... Must be really tough on you and you are right about that.,

• Yea, there were definitely days that were very depressing and there were a few days that I'd drive home with tears running down my face (like the first baby autopsy I witnessed). I also still have dreams where I'm in the morgue and I'm just surrounded by dead bodies. The only people that understand are ones that have seen as much death as well.

• I may not have seen as much deaths as you but I had a near death experience too added with the fact that I have seen many deaths. I know it's really painful for you, deaths are not easy and it can take a lot out of a person.

What Guys Said 10

• Trying to kill myself, surviving, only to notice that barely anyone cared and that life just went on like normal after.
    Ha, this not be the kind of life changing experience were I come out as happier in the end, but what I did do was accept that the world doesn't revolve around anyone. People don't care about those who doesn't stand really close to them and/or they can get something out of.

• You are right about that and it's great that you got over that.

• When I was in an auto accident. I was unhappy in my major at the time. My father suggested I pursue teaching. I took him up on it.

The next was the deaths of my wife and my father within months of each other. I thought I wouldn't laugh ever again, even though both of them wouldn't have wanted it that way.

• Changing schools when I was 12 years old. Lost all of my friends back then. Been moostly by myself ever since.

• 0|0
    • HAHAHAHA that's so true, but weed has had a huge impact on how I view life as well.

• Going to sound like a broken record here, but my life-changing experience was taking magic mushrooms. They pretty effectively pulled me out of a 10 year long depression.

• Broken hearted and finding God

• Finding God?

• I was 22 years old. I was living in California because I thought I wanted to act but the people who were trying to help me could only help me the way they knew how. Somehow I ended up living out of my rental car and was sleeping at pit stops. Then, I remember really depending fully on God and then these people set up a church at this private gym behind my aunts house and they were all actors, writers, and directors.

Anyways, it makes sense to me because everyone's path is different because I think God speaks to you in a way only that you can understand but that was my changing moment.

• Okay, Thanks for sharing your experience.

• Two thimes happened
    When I am in my 11 the grade I learned what life (how to live with out any influence)
    next gag and gager like you (friends)
    I have seen different types of questions and got chance to learn new things

• Coming out as gay! Aha

• Never had one. :-/

• when i realised i was gonna become a bodybuilder

What Girls Said 4

• Haven't had one yet.

• When my dearly beloved grandfather passed away.. I suddenly and very sadly realised that life is never to be taken for granted.

• I am sorry for your lose and Yes one should never take life for granted.

• Thank you so much for your kindness.. It certainly has been the very biggest eye opener in my life.

• You are welcome and Thanks for sharing it with me. :)

• parents divorce and dad getting cancer but then him going into full remission

• Oh my! I am so sorry to hear that, things must be tough but I am sure you overcome all your problems.

• coming to realise that if you don't give a crap about some small things, or freak out for the little stupidest things... that life becomes so much more peaceful