What does this picture tell you?

What's in your mind when you see this picture:

What does this picture tell you?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think the hands and the facial expression in the mirror represent feelings of fear and strangling/suffocation -- perhaps not enough space in a relationship, or prohibiting factors preventing her from acting in how she needs to. That is who she sees - how she feels about herself and what she is going through. While the girl is pretty, I don't think this is about looks.

On the "real" side or non-mirror side, she is not being held or choked. The reality is, nothing stops her from doing anything (except the terrors of her own mind). I get a sense that she could pack up and go tomorrow if she wanted, but she won't.

What Guys Said 25

• Demons are real, run for your life.

• she's holding a magic mirror and she better stash it quick!

• She feels the burden of maintaining society's standards for beauty, and she feels like she's failing.

• Haha when I see the angle under which she holds the mirror, I'd guess the girl visible on the mirror is standing right of her... and may be her twin sis :D
    Or it's the the mother of all photoshop jobs haha 8)

• This photograph tells me that the female's appearance is being dictated by others whether subconsciously or consciously.

• Someone has Photoshop

• Someone's idea of art.
    The girl is pretty though. She needs to be for this kind of thing quite frankly.

• she's cute... like u ^_^

• There is a Ghost with 4 hands on her

• That there's graffiti on the wall.

• Identity crisis because she's actually a boy

• An innocent girl that is being played with.

• Her mirror is buggy. She should send it in for repairs.

• hmm for me there are two stories.

1) She wants to be older and she doesn't know what she wants in life
    2) She was raped by an adult. Who was telling her over internet that is actually a girl, but he wasn't (Look at the right hand and left hand)

• Interesting view. I also noticed that the shade of polish is almost the same as her own.

• RAPE, ABUSE, CHILD, TRAUMA, NO ONE KNEW, SUCKS, SHE'S GONNA GO CRAZY.

• where can I find a mirror like that?

• She is very pretty but the society and other people keep on telling her that something about her is not right or perfect, that she needs to change herself to look better.

• Bitch on acid!

• A lot of people jealous from her bcz she is pretty.

• her mirror is malfunctioning. its needs a firmware upgrade

• this girl has a hand fetish

• Haunted room

• she has been abused or raped before

• That her looks and mind are being controlled by some unknown hands... aka society and media.

• She is lackin comfort. If i was too meet her i'd be married..

What Girls Said 23

• she's realizes that she's not living for herself but for other people. Parents controlling her career choices, how she should act and dress, etc
    She is their project of perfection

• That she isn't herself.
    She is being controlled by others.

• Take a good look at yourself?

• A struggling girl. A girl who is pulled in many different directions, held back, and trapped. Maybe at home, maybe life, maybe even by her own insecurities.

The hands around the neck make me think of abuse.

It's a very powerful image.

• to me this picture means that she is confused in her decisions and that she is being pressured..

• She feels like she is being held back- by various people in her life - from pursuing what she really wants to achieve

• The Mirror has Two Faces. xx

• That she's being oppressed and sees herself only as others see her - values herself only as others do.

• Deep down, she feels that people are holding her back from being who she wants to be

• i think this girl really wants a face and neck massage.. and she is thinking about it soooo much that now she can see it in the mirror..

• She's an innocent girl. But she is a puppet, being controlled by several puppeteers.

• No independence. No freedom.

• Think she has big youth trauma that is chasing her. She has to fight it. Running away will not help. It will follow her everytime she looks into the mirror.

• I see that it's not just her or just one person, she's being influenced by so many others

• Looks can be deceiving

• She is being restrained by society.

• She's schitzofranic

• I see a teen trying to be all inspirational and deep for tumblr

• Being controlled by someone or something like society or abusive relationship

• That girl is really pretty

• I feel fear from the girl in the mirror.

• Would make a good horror movie cover :)

• Insecurities in a girl