Why do people come on as anon?

You still have to make an account, but why are you guys/girls anons? I honestly couldn't care what someone was to think of me, it's the internet but I'm just wondering why? Is it insecurity reasons or something like that? answer plox

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't want to share personal things about myself like sexual things etc. off Anon, I know people on here irl so I go on Anon to say things I'd rather they didn't know about me, or if I'm talking about something that happened between me and people they might know that's private and they would know who it was from context. Also when I'm not on Anon and I answer certain questions I tend to get weird messages

• Them weird messages :/ never stop...

• i skipped every day since I've been in my school for a new cod game (3 years) not doing it now, stopped playing. csgo is more fun in my opinion

• Lols, naughty naughty

What Girls Said 4

• I feel that with many people, even on here, dear, being rude and crude, it can make a person feel uncomfortable and a bit self conscientious, and it makes it easier to go behind the 'Computer Curtain' to avoid all the hassles and havoc.
    Good luck. xx

• Some people have questions they perhaps don't feel 100% comfortable with attached to their username. It's the internet yes, but it's 2015 where people can be super cruel to people, like you and I and probably many other people, don't care what people think, others do.

• I go anon for random stuff, maybe it's the idea of random strangers knowing what kind of cereal I like that doesn't sit well... I mean, we're all anon anyway really. I don't know who you are and I'm guessing that isn't your real face in your picture.

• yeah people lie a lot, but ya its mi in mi icon

• People lie with their own profiles, trust me I've been caught out more than once and by people who seem really genuine too :(

#SandPlanet #Med11

• thats dumb i understand it's going to happen, it's the internet thats some anonymity. im pretty sure people dont believe im my age due to some things i post but i couldnt imagine doing that

• I don't want to be under the radar of others here ;)

What Guys Said 4

• they don't wanna destroy their name rep i guess

• Everyone asks questions as an Anon to remove bias, chance to offend others, etc

• Not a lot of poeple have balls to show themselves.

• I just do it to keep private, I occasionally go public, but I have had a few run ins with weirdos bugging my messages so I tend to stay anon. I think for most it's a way to post their opinion anonymously.