Girls, if you have/ever had a belly piercing?

Almost 18 years ago right after my birthday I got my belly pierced. Over the next like 8 months it started rejecting because I was a dancer and my clothes rubbed/irritated it too much. I went to my piercer and it was best if I closed it up and waited a couple months to repierce it. Almost a year later I went back to repierce it and within the past 3 months it has already started rejecting a lot! I got it pierced under the scar tissue but I guess that isn't effective. Im not a dancer anymore so I dont do anything to irritate it and I keep it really clean. It looks horrible so I'm going to take it out again ugh. Have any of you ever had to deal with a rejected piercing? If you keep trying does it ever stop? Dont tell me how bad piercings are and if you are only here to do so please leave this is not the place for that. Thank you.

14

Most Helpful Girl

• Yup, I've had a belly piercing and it rejected as well. I got it done in secret, my dad hates piercings. To this day my family don't know I had a belly piercing.

Like you it rejected. I wasn't a dancer or anything, it pushed it's way completely out of my body. I ended up with a concave hole in my stomach for a while (didn't hurt) and now it's closed up and you can't even tell unless I point it out. I'd love to still have it, it made me feel slim and it was a diet aid! Don't eat too much or it hurts! But it's probably for the best I don't have one anymore.

I just have pierced ears. Never had an issue with them, they have always been perfect.

What Girls Said 13

• yeah, i got my belly button piercing and after like a year and a half or so it started to migrate/reject. it was pushing itself out of my body, to the point where the skin was so thin it would have ripped out. so i took it out before that happened.
    i've thought about getting it repierced because i really liked it, but i'm not even gonna bother. I've seen so many people have the same issue, and it's kinda not worth like 70$ lol.
    unfortunately if your body doesn't want it, then it doesn't want it. it's just gonna keep pushing it out. :'(

• Once you're body has rejected something once it is way more likely to reject it again which is why I have yet to re-pierce my belly button even though I want to so badly. It will just get worse and happen sooner, especially if it has been rejected twice already. Have you thought about piercing something else instead?

• I haven't had one done but I do kinda want one. I bought a piercing to encourage me but that was like 5 years ago. =/ One of the reasons I haven't done it is because I don't know how I'd look after getting one and then there is the issue of the hole it leaves behind that I've seen on others.

However, one of my ex-co-workers had one for a while but her body rejected it twice. It left a pick scar. I don't think your body will ever stop rejecting it. Did you use a surgical steel piercing, gold, silver, plastic, or nickel?

• It took forever for my piercing to heal. Mine was getting inflamed and stuff kept coming out but everyone was telling me to be patient. It didn't start healing until I changed the ring and changed how I was cleaning it. My piercer told me to just use saline solution but that wasn't working. I started using salt water and it helped a lot. I also had a ring that didn't screw on but had the ball keep in place after a certain amount of pressure bent the ring into the indents of the ball. I think it was called a BCR. My ring kept moving side to side and irritating my piercing. After I changed to a banana curved one my piercing finally healed! It took probably like 4 or 5 months for it to heal to the point where no inflammation was visible and where it didn't hurt to touch, even though belly ring piercings realistically take a year or so to heal.

• Navel piercings normally take 9 months to a year to fully heal. So your healing period was very short, actually.

• Have you used the same metal both times? You make want to ask about them piercing you with surgical steel. It seems like it takes at first then rejects it.. So does this happen once you change the jewelry? Make sure to use real silver, surgical steel, Or a real gold bar. Also, use sea salt on it. It is the best on the market to keep out infection. Anytime you touch or twist it you need to make sure that your hands are clean an clean the actual piercing too. It's also best to pierce through the scar tissue if you get it replaced. But before you take it out. By sea salt and try that for a week. You'll know in that amount of time if it's helping. Good luck.

• Mine has been healing for nearly a year and a half, but it hasn't rejected. Usually, it's not advised to retry a piercing after it has rejected. Some bodies just won't accept a certain piercing no matter what. Please don't try again or you could create some nasty scar tissue and keloids that won't go away.

• I wanted to get one when I was younger, but my mother wouldn't allow it.. lol. Now, I wouldn't. :)

• I did my own when I was 16 but I took it out cause it got caught on my cheerleading uniform that was painful never tried it again

• Well, everyone who I know that body rejected theor piercing they let them close up, but I haven't experienced that, mine healed.

• I haven't any but I'm curious about it.

• It hurts like hell. I got light headed after. Make sure you eat something before getting it done!

• I got my belly pierced at 14
    I got a hernia from it so just be safe. Look up the facts when you get a piercing, I would go too the doctors before you get it done again. These places will tell you anything to make a buck. I never should of got my pierced since I was so underweight and young but they did it anyway. Though they did pay for my surgery after the lawsuit.
    Piercing isn't something to fool with, sometimes it leads to surgery, or something else. I love piercing and tattoos. So I'm not saying don't do it, just wondering why you're body is rejecting it so much. It worry me. Maybe you should try a clip on. Or get something else pierced, nose rings are nice. Warning having a hernia removed isn't all fun. Day surgery yes but still sucks.

• mine rejected it.