Starting to feel very depressed over grades?

Hmm... well... junior year is drawing to a close (I'm 17 btw), doesn't look like I broke into a 3.0 with my GPA... My grade is in the low 80s as of now and likely stayed that way, so, wow, I'm really depressed, there's just no hope, is there? My only hope is that they acknowledge that, with the school I'm in, my B- is equivalent to a B+ most places, maybe higher. My other good point is that I did relatively well on my first SAT without studying (1840), but, other than that. What is there to do at this point?

Most Helpful Girl

• My sister got into college and got scholarships with a GPA of 2.7. And no we're not very poor or anything. Schools honestly oversell things like GPA and test scores. You can still get into college and get scholarships with average grades. They call it average for a reason, it not awful nor is it amazing.
    I know of people who got an 1850 on their sats and got into Berkeley.
    And if your feeling that bad try really hard next year. Maybe get a tutor over the summer to help clarify things you didn't do well on or to make you a little ahead before the incoming year.
    But seriously calm down. I stressed way too much about school and it's not that big if a deal

What Girls Said 1

• just study a lot and try your hardest.

What Guys Said 4

• Well yeah I ended junior year with a 2.9 cumulative. But I got into Regis University anyway, so yay.

Take the ACT. Do your homework senior year.

I continued to avoid homework sometimes senior year, but I ended up with 3.2 senior year so I don't know what my cumulative is yet.

• If you have to you can go to a comm/junior college, knock it out of the park, and transfer to a well established university.

• c'mon bro... B- isn't bad... don't get sad coz of some grades!

• I went to private school for my freshman and sophomore year and had similar grades to you. I went to public high school for my last two years which were a breeze and I got almost all A's at public high school (and it was a public high school in the top 100 in the nation). The school doesn't matter they will see those crappy grades like they'd see someone with crappy grades at a run down inner city high school.

• Really? So, it's just hopeless?

• They aren't bad grades a B- average isn't hopeless. You can still get into plenty of colleges with grades like those.