What's the difference between infatuation and love?

I don't know what it is but this girl has me going crazy. she's very attractive but not sexy by any means. I don't know why but I compare every girl to her and she's always in the back of my mind. I've felt this way for well over a year now and I don't even talk to her anymore she's just there. Is this infatuation or love?

Most Helpful Girl

• Infatuation is the state of being completely carried away by unreasoning passion or love; addictive love. Infatuation usually occurs at the beginning of relationship when sexual attraction is central. Love can be described as feeling of intense affection for another person. It is most often talked about as an emotion between two persons. Hence is also sometimes referred to as interpersonal.

Love is the quiet understanding and mature acceptance of imperfection. Love is always associated with connection between two souls that goes beyond the self. Infatuation may make the other person selfish if the opposite person's reaction isn't the same. Infatuation isn't pure like love and may be accompanied by lust. It is about thinking about oneself and not the other person.

I think I would say this is love at first sight, because you don't see her as an object, and the flame of lust is not going out, it.'a only growing bigger. It's a mix of both.

• Well there's no flame I erased all evidence I knew her. Her number, any pics, blocked her totally out of my life. She played me and toyed with me so the one time I saw her in the past year she said hi and wanted to talk. I ignored her and didn't even acknowledge her.

• Then it would be infatuation because there's no feelings beyond that.

• Either way it has to stop I can't go out on a Saturday in fear of seeing one girl or with the thought of her in the back of my its unhealthy.

What Girls Said 6

• Infatuation - a strong feeling of want, like and desire. It's a feeling that eventually wears off.
    You do not need to know someone on a deep level to become infatuated.

Love - knowing someone on a deep level.
    This person completes you.
    You would do anything for this person.
    you know him/her in and out.

• Id say it's more of infatuation than love because you don't reay talk to her anymore... Love is something that is mutual between two people. It takes time to build up to. When you're in love with someone you want to be there for them and support them 24/7. Their flaws are just more reasons to love them. It's actually really hard to define love.

Infatuation on the other hand is exactly what you described. Constantly thinking about this person, feelings of butterflies whenever they're around...

• See I don't have a reason to like her she lead me on played with my feelings and now we are not even civil but every time I talk to another girl its like I imagine her.

• Someday you will get over her.

• I'd say it's an infatuation. You don't really know the real her, you're infatuated and attracted to her physical appearance and the idea of her.

Loving someone means knowing the real them and knowing of all their flaws yet you accept them. You're into what you think she might be

• How long ago did you block her and cut all communication? How much older or younger is she?
    It must be annoying and painful to have feelings for someone you don't have feelings for.
    I'm in a similar situation but with a different scenario. The guy just knows how to push my buttons. I don't even approve of him as a partner. I have someone more respectful hanging around me, and I want to focus on him, but this idiot keeps getting in the way. Unfortunately I see them both almost everyday.

• Love lasts longer.

• Infatuation is more like a crush on someone. You build an image in your head of what like would be like with thme. This life is based on an imaginery pereception of a person. As you don't know who they are as a person. Love is when you know who a person really, and accept them for who they are. You take the good with the bad

What Guys Said 5

• infatuation doesn't include love always

• It sounds like infatuation to me - Love develops while you are in a relationship

• Its weird cause I tried everything to move on I erased her number and can't contact her cause I blocked her. I'm so confused.

• Maybe with a bit more time or you will meet someone new

• Ditto and ditto to both comments.

• It's a matter of maturity. Love is based on an intimate relationship. Infatuation is longing without substance.

• Well I can't do anything else I blocked her out and erased her number but I still wonder what could have been.

• Infatuation

• Infatuation happens initially, love develops over time.

• Well this sucks I wish I forgot about her already.