"you can't be racist against white people"?

Okay so I know this is stupid since I just got it from the YouTube comments. We all know the comments are filled with 12 year old trolls but I saw this and I wanted to see if anyone agreed and if this was actually a logical argument. So someone said "you can't be racist against white people"

• I agree
  • I disagree
  • I am a walrus

Most Helpful Guy

• I've had all races treat me poorly, I've been friends with people of all races as well, no matter the color they either want to beat you down or be a friend. No matter what race, gender, orientation, rich, poor, discrimination comes from all. I'm color blind when it comes to race, everyone can put on a smile, shake your hand or throw their fist at you, encourage you or throw flak. We can't classify discrimination as being racist, prejudice, sexist, we've got thugs in all shapes, colors, and sizes. We can't justify or downgrade what people do against each other, hate is hate, love is love, it's one or the other.

What Guys Said 16

• Any race can be racist to another race.

• u cannot b racist towards anyone!

• The movie White Men Can't Jump is the most racist movie ever. Only if you are the majority you are supposed to just laugh it off. Racism is discriminating or putting down someone based on their race.

You could not make a movie called Black Men can't Read. Why is the opposite true?

• Both. I follow him and understand what he's saying, but what he describes probably DOES take place somewhere in the world against white people. The majority of these actions happens against black people which is why it's hard to point out where it has ever happened to white. But following his logic, everyone who votes on "white" candidates for elections etc. over "black" are racist towards black people, because they prefer the power elsewhere. That's just what I got from it.

• That depends if you are using the word 'racism' to mean what most people mean by it, or if you mean what sociology departments now use the word to mean.

• I think any race of skin color can be racist
    i don't see racism just in one certain skin color

• LOL that's bollocks
    Black guys can be racist towards white guys too
    I've seen it before, street violence :/

every race have there racists, I believe

• Wow, that person wins the Internet.

Also love your option C XD

• Not only do I disagree, but I disagree with every point he made

• Racism is not: "I hate white people"
    Racism is: "whities have such ugly skulls with caveman like foreheads, how can anything this disgusting be considered human"

• He's right in someways. Anyone of different colour race other than white will be labelled thugs, or terrorists. We live in an era where white privilage is dominant, no matter what the history. Because as we know it, history has always been ruled by the white man. Look at England, France, and the US. French and English are the two main languages that are affluent all over the world.

• The riots that happened in Missouri kind of throws this guys assertion that "innocent black kid gets shot by the police, no one cares." He's an idiot that doesn't understand what racism really is. Having bad things happen to you is no excuse at all to be hateful to other people. Might as well forgive rapists that kidnap fuck and strangle little boys and girls to death all because they were abused as a kid themselves right? That kid is a dumbass...

• You can be racist toward white people... sounds like someone is trying to justify their hatred.

And more white people are killed per year by police than blacks. Just sayin'

• white people wanna be victims. especially white women. smh

• Black people always want something to complain about. Racist opinion = Racist comment (but true)

• you can EASILY be racist against white people. everyone does it its just not as bad to society as racism against every other race

• The people that agreed are racist. He is a secret, white people know that their is a lot of racism against them. If all you know about someone is that they are white, and you make assumptions, 'you just might be a racist' to pharaphase a white entitled comedian.

• So if white are to be criticized for them being the Power Structure then I guess it is also fair to criticize blacks for the crime as black males make up 51% of murders in the US and much of other crime. I can see the point now.

What Girls Said 10

• you want me to agree to your question or agree to that comment?
    cos I agree to that comment.

• That's a very well considered opinion and I agree with that statement wholeheartedly.

• Racism is where someone thinks they're superior to another based entirely on their skin colour. That skin colour can be any colour, including white. Racism towards white people does exist.

• Agreed. White people hold a privilege that even they can't comprehend themselves. In the West, black people can be prejudiced towards white people, but not racist, which is institutionalised. There is a difference between the two.

• They're right, yeah. They are absolutely right.

• I disagree, you can.

• White people are racist to their own too.

• You can definitely be racist towards anyone, no matter the skin color.

• if you are black, you can't be racist to white people as racism is a systematic advantage based on race, which black people don't stand to benefit from. But black people can be prejudice.

• I disagree.