Is the glass half full or half empty? what came first, the chicken or the egg?

I awlays find these questions kind of stupid. I mean they're supposed to be questions to muse over, deep philosophical questions. Maybe its just me, but questions like this always have an answer, and I annoy people because I take them so literal.

is the glass half full or half empty? Well, it depends. are you drinking from the glass or filling it up? if you are drinking from it then it is being emptied. Therefore it is half empty. If it is in the process of being filled up, it is half full.

what came first, the chicken or the egg? It has to be the egg. whatever the animal was that evolved into modern chickens, it would have been laying eggs well before it could have been classified as a chicken.

I'm a modern day Socrates. no, not really haha. just wondering what you think of these types of questions.

Most Helpful Guy

• They were probably formulated as philosophical musings but over the years they have become fun conversations topics.

What Girls Said 2

• I really like your opinion of the glass half full/empty one.

But for the chicken/egg, I'd disagree. I take it pretty literally too, and the theory of evolution doesn't support this assumption that "suddenly this new species appeared." Naturally, when the ancestor of the chicken was domesticated, certain characteristics were no longer necessary - through descent with modification, eventually this domesticated ancestor became what we now know as the chicken.
    At least, that's how I feel.

I do like these questions, but more because I find it interesting to hear about other people's logic

• I think it's good to have things that make you think.

What Guys Said 3

• I always say exactly those things when people ask me these questions.

Like "damnit just use your brain, these aren't even funny anymore"

• ingvildmis.tumblr.com/.../just-perfect
    ///////////////////////////////////////////////////

• Glass half full, Chicken