What is the biggest turn off from the opposite sex?

Something that girls or guys commonly do that is a major turn off and should be stoped.

For me, one of the biggest turn offs are guys that are really childish. If they say things like 'I wanna do that' and you decline, they get super upset and bring it up often.

Also guys that brag aren't cool.

And keep your hygiene on check please.

Most Helpful Girl

• There are a few of major turn off's for me. Where I am bi-sexual, I can elaborate on both parties.
    For men:
    -Possessiveness/controlling nature. I can not stand when men feel the need to 'lock you in a cage' and throw away the key because they have self esteem issues and don't want you associating with anyone.
    -Childish ways. As you said above! Just because I don't want to do something you have mentioned does mean you should get childish and petty. I don't want too see you throw a temper tantrum.
    -When they try using baby talk to convince you to have sex. Is it really necessary to do the puppy dog face or pucker your lip while saying "pwease babyyy"? Buzz kill.

For Girls:
    -When they say "I am worth it" or "I will make it worth your time ;)" like really? Are you that full of yourself? No thanks.
    -When they complain about everything! I don't even need to elaborate on this one.
    -GOSSIP QUEENS!!! "Like omg did you hear that Becky's fathers bestfriends son in laws neighbors cousin Jason's cat died?"
    -The huge focus on appearance. If you ask me if you look good, I will tell you! However, is it really necessary to change your outfit 18 times, do your makeup 5 times and redo your hair 29 times, all while asking me if you look good? Every. Single. Fucking. Time.

Each sex has turn offs. I am not a shallow person. Even people with these qualities can still have a chance to be a part of my life, providing it isn't so much that I physically want to rip my hair out or punch them in the face accidently on purpose with force.

• Thanks for your great answer!

The points you made for the guys are really good! Damn, those are nasty ass turn offs! Esp the possessive one. That is a turn off and he should work on himself.

For girls, it's basically girls that need reassurance to feel worth it. They feel that they need to prove themselves in order to be noticed which sucks.

• I agree with you! It just gets soooo old after a while.

• For real though, it does!

What Guys Said 27

• I couldn't date someone who was close minded towards minority groups and I'm not talking about just race I mean like sexual orientation and everything. I have no time for people like that in my life.

• Any girl or woman who claims she "won't settle" or is "waiting for Mr. Right/Mr. Perfect/whatever". All that tells me is that A) she's selfish, B) she's completely unrealistic, and C) she lacks the emotional and mental fortitude to hold a stable relationship, let alone marriage.

There is only one "secret" to holding a successful relationship, and that is your personal ability to hold a successful relationships. YOU and YOURS, not your partners. Their abilities and traits are something you can not change, so don't try. Yes, careful selection of a partner with the same capability is also essential, but it's also meaningless if you fall flat yourself. Concentrate on what YOU can do. Girls who say they "won't settle" are really just saying, "I'm a kid in a candy store, and no matter what I buy I will always have buyers remorse and be looking for the next best thing." That shows a complete and utter lack of respect for your partner, who A) has just as many options as you and B) is standing by his/her choice and making the best of that decision instead of thinking about what could of been.

Basically, "I won't settle" really just means "I'm unwilling to work to hold a relationship and expect my partner to fulfill all my needs without offering anything in return". That's a huge red flag, and any man should immediately jump ship. Love takes work, LOTS of work, and if you're always having buyers remorse on your choice, you won't have the time or energy to make that love happen.

• -Smokes, does drugs, or drinks alcohol in excess.
    -Promiscuous
    -Has meaningless tattoos and a bunch of piercings.
    -Dyes her hair some freaky color like red.
    -Hypocritical, excessively bitchy, and/or a user.

As much as I enjoy working with the waitresses at my first job, 100% got knocked off of the list from the first thing I mentioned, let alone the various rest.

• Oh the staff sure sucks :/ But yeah, promiscuous is a very big turn off and girls who use others as well...

• a huge... fart... ughhhh

• Tough one. I'll give you probably more than two things that I don't like from the opposite gender:

1) Being impolite
    2) Having a sense of entitlement to leech off of a man's income and not put in any effort of finding a job or a source of income of any sort that is NOT welfare/government aid (well actually, I don't really mind if the woman believes that she can't get a job because she has to take care of the kids or something but what I really hate is if a woman takes what I do for granted).
    3) Having a sense of entitlement to be treated with kindness and specialty because she's a woman/lady regardless of how she treated other people.
    4) Being racially hateful or hateful towards anyone different from her.

• I love long answers so thanks for sharing first of all ;)

1) Of course, keep your manners on check, that goes for both genders.
      2) True. Like using you as a money source when she is capable of getting a job?
      3) Oh that I agree, some really take men for granted.
      4) Ignorance is the absolute turn off for me, I can't deal with it.

• Lack of honesty and faithfulness is also what I dislike from the opposite gender.

• Nice, thanks for sharing! :D No wonder you thought that it was a though question, you have a lot of answers!

• Silliness, lack of social skills, stupidity, piercings and tattoos.

• So shy girls ain't for you? xD

For piercings, is few on the ear okay?

• Hahahaha! Okay, I see I see :) Thanks a lot for clarifying eh? :D

• Haha you are very welcome :)

• Do not take shower; believe me, I really met this type of girl before and I think there could not be a even bigger turn-off.

• Woah why wouldn't she take a shower? How long would she goes without a SHOWER?

• No, she was a high school classmate (I am not an American) and I never dated her.

• Lol ew ugh, sucks really. Thanks for sharing!! :D Hopefully your partner showers daily!!

• Attitude for no reason...

• Ugh, yes. Gotta keep that on check, just don't react. That works wonders.

• Thanks for sharing your story :)

Aw, love at first sight? You did well by talking about the issue with her.

Always trust your gut. Your story is the perfect proof

• Calling a guy a "creep" over basically nothing. That's about the most annoying thing I hear often. I would not want to be with somebody talking that way.

• Those are girls who judge fast. They don't let time do it's job, patience is key.

• I guess the male equivalent is calling a girl a "slut." They're both insults that can really debilitate somebody.

• Yes indeed

• Arrogance and ignorance

• Yep, two ugly traits right here.

• Oh thank you- i am so jealous of your hair- it looks so kick ass :)

• LOL it took a total of 8 hours to get it done, I'm planing to take them off soon before it ruins my real hair. I might do the same for summer.

thanks though :D

• hairy armpits and legs

• Well, I can understand for legs cause it is a core lol. Armpits it is totally her choice too... But it is your preference so I won't try to change it

• -Being too serious or angry at the world
    -Trying too hard to be something they're not
    -Creating drama out of nothing
    -Smoking, piercings (earrings are fine), being trashy

I'll try to think of more. I like most people I come across though... not too picky.

• Acting like a total snob and thinking I'm below her when I'm trying to make conversation.

• Oh yeah, what do you do then?

• Well I try to be friendly with everyone I meet, but when it comes to trying to flirt with them or just get to know them and they're acting all high and mighty I prefer to just back off. It's a huge pet peeve of mine so I rarely ever talk to a girl again after she's acted like that lol

• Hahaah okay, thanks! :)

• Farts, yellow teeth, unnecessary piercing like tongue, clit, belly etc, tattoos, weeds usage, alcoholic, smoking etc.

• Lol so farts should be out of the question. And the rest I agree, its a turn off on men too.

• Making it difficult to talk to.

• Shy girls aren't for you I suppose?

• Usually isn't worth the effort. Besides, it's not my job to get a girl out of her shell.

If she's comfortable with me to share anything right off the bat then I know I've made a connection, a better one than if I were to encounter a shy girl.

• Ohhh Okay I understand :) Thanks for clarifying :D

• Being someone they're not

• True, these girls are most likely insecure. I'm pretty sure if they worked on themselves, it'll stop eventually.

• It's a toss-up between tattoos and cursing for me. Both are huge turn offs in my book.

• Girls who call themselves high maintenance and are proud of it "because they're worth it". Get over yourself.

Also, being overweight.

• And that you should treat them right because they are a woman.

Oh? So no belly eh?

• Considering my own lifestyle and level of physical activeness, nope. We just wouldn't have that much in common.

• Haha yeah I see, the fact that you are physically active says it all.

Thanks for clarifying! :D

• I just don't like it when they're immature.

• Stuck up pretentious women

• A bit tooooo silly and gossipers

• Huh, 4th time:

Do not be selfish, insensitive, and arrogant.

• Total bitching

• smoking... i hate the smell... and bitching too much

• Ugh smoking... Agreed

Lol no gossiping then

• well thats good to know.. by the way thanks for the add

• you're welcome!

• Being fat.

• Dishonesty.

• Complaining and negative talking, especially if it's about other people, doubly so if it's about exes.

• If she does it from time to time, is that okay?

• The occasional remark is simply human. If she has an unusually bad headache and tells me her head hurts, I'm not going to hold that against her.

But anything approaching frequent behavior is NOT acceptable, and she should notice herself doing it and stop.

• Alright thanks for clarifying :)

What Girls Said 16

• Guys who act like they are just god's fucking gift to the world and that women owe them whatever they want. So they throw a tantrum if you don't send them nudes, or go on a date with them. Any guy that uses the words "whore", "slut", "cunt" to describe any girl who has rejected him. Any guy who says you are lying when you turn him down by saying you have a boyfriend. Last time a guy said "no you don't have a boyfriend you just wanna get rid of me!" I just whipped out my phone and said "well here he is look at how much more attractive he is than you!, now leave me alone!" So basically guys that think they should have everything handed to them just for asking, guys that catcall, guys that try to make out with drunk girls even when they say no, guys who keep persisting for a date when the girl has already said no. GUYS WHO THINK THE WORD NO DOES NOT APPLY TO THEM!

• OMG THIS. Yes! Yes! Yes! And then they go on and complain to everyone when things aren't handed to them.
      Well buddy, you gotta work if you want something.

• some men are just SO entitled and they throw a fit like a child if they don't get what they want!

• Being cocky or rude.

• When a guy brags about anything more than once in a conversation especially if it's not something that should even not even be fascinating (like their own race true story smh) having a chip on your shoulder and just being mad at the world, being judgmental about someone that you are trying to get to know, making fun of others, pushing beliefs and not having an open mind, and having a negative vibe.

• I love this. Bragging is something is see a lot which is unfortunate... They want to impress you but there are other ways to do it..

• I personally don't like being impressed that way be yourself and after a few weeks i'm impressed to know that you were not pretending :)

• Thats a great optimistic outlook! :D

• Lack of spine.

That "I'll only do and say things I think will please you and yield to your every whim" attitude. Makes me wanna vomit.

• Players players players.
    Turn off if you flirt with everyone in the room

• I'm a lesbian, so the fact that they're a man is sort of a turn off.

Just sayin it how it is

• Agorrant or ignorrant
    Controlling
    Immature
    Abusive
    Cheater
    Dirty (has poor hygiene)
    Bigot
    Chauvinist
    Cocky
    Drug addict
    Needy
    Loud
    Mooch/user
    Selfish
    Racist
    Homophobic
    Cruel to animals, elderly, children
    Misberable

• I hate when guys are cocky and arrogant.

• unhygienic,
    close minded.

• Guys with a really low level of intelligence or with no EQ

• Turn off , is saying something like so disrespectful

• Picking boogers, Under arm hair, Hairy Nipples, and being clingy

• Under arm hair? Really? It's more manly for me.

LOL hairy nipples, that's deep. And clingyness/needy is not cool

• 0|0
    • also being really fucking morally inclined.

• LOL wtf is this quesiton? And why is it directly pointing at girls WTF.

And for your second point, I totally agree. Have you ever met someone like that?

• When guys say one thing "hey, let's watch Netflix and a movie" and mean something else entirely "actually I just plan to ignore the movie and try to have sex with you the whole time instead".

Also, bad hygiene. Smoking. Bigoted views. Arrogance. Disliking animals.

• *Netflix and eat pizza

• The first point you made. Oh, I hate that. Jist ask me straight up lol

Oh disliking animals, its a turn off for a friend of mine too! I can tolerate it

• Too touchy feely at first while having horrible breathe and smelling bad. And for the love of god dress properly.

• So flirtatious guys aren't for you?

LOL good hygiene is a must!!! And a decent style, I give you points for that

• Flirty yeah fine. Grabbing my boob on a sly and trying to get on top after meeting a couple of times? No no no. Needs to put it back in the box lol

• Oh hell no, okay I see what you mean. Yes, he has to gradually get there. Not use a shortcut.

• I hate HATE it when guys pretend they heard what you said and then you ask over it and they have no idea what you said. Annoying as fuck.

Tenderising meat sucks too.

• Yeah girl I feel you, and then you get annoyed and they wonder why.

LMAO

• It happened twice with my crush -_- JUST FREAKING PAY ATTENTION!

lol.