If you saw someone drop their money would you give it to them or keep it?

Your walking behind someone when all of a sudden you see a $20 bill drop out of their pocket. What would you do? I'd give it back.

What would you do?

• I'd give them their money
  • I'd keep their money
  • I'd ignore it
  • I'd keep it and buy Succcesssfulll Taco Bell :D

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 26

• A consumer organization did a test in Belgium a few months ago. They brought a number of wallets with 50 euro and ID cards in them to police offices, reporting them as " objects found ".
    Then -a few days later- the owners of the ID cards went to these police offices, reporting they lost their wallets, with another proof of identity.

Only a few got their wallets and the money back. Some just got an empty wallet, others got nothing.

• If I see the money falling from their pocket, I'll give it to them, obviously, but if I saw some money on the floor and didn't know who it belongs to, I'll keep it.
    One time I found 120 Euros on the floor, but since I didn't know who it was from, I kept it.

• That's what I do and wow, you were lucky that day. I dont know how much 120 Euros is in US currency but, sounds like a lot haha.

• Right now 120 euros is around $131, but when I found the money (like 3-4 years ago) it was around $162 more or less.

• Wow, your lucky.

• I would give it to them. I found $100 dollars at a Wendy's one time no none was around and I sure needed the money, could have been a blessing in the sky

• I would give back because if I kept it I would be crippled with guilt.

• I'd give them the money i would never see someone drop money and not
    tell them about it and i wouldn't pick it up for my own self not right to do.

• give em... otherwise they'd kill me :(

• I'd give it back of course this winter I found a girl who dropped 400 pounds and I gave them to her :)

• I always give it to them after a twenty second internal struggle.

• if i saw someone drop money i give it back but if i find money on the ground in a store typically i have kept it

• If I saw it happening right there I'd give it back. But if I by chance stumbled upon a lonely, cold and abandoned $20 bill in dire need of a warm wallet, I'd adopt it!

• I did that one week ago, it wasn't money though, it was a smartphone.

• I would only give it to people I know or barely know. But otherwise I would keep it and run fast.

• I would return it. karma and all that.

• So if you wouldn't believe karma, you'd take the money?

• It's not mine.

• I'd give them their money. I definitely don't need $20 enough to steal it from someone

• I have told them before "Give me my money" and they pick it up and give it to me.

• i'd do the same as i would like down if it was me that dropped it

• I'm greedy and I like money. I would keep it.

• Yeah, done it before

• I'll just ignore that person and continue walking. It might be a trap. :-/

• It would be a bit sad if u stole their money

• I don't need 20$ that badly.

• I'd give it to them. It's happened to me where I've dropped money and dropped my mp4 player and people picked them up and gave me them. It's those simple things that make the world a better place

• I'm greedy I would keep it

• depends if they looked like they were rich like they wouldn't miss 20$ i would keep it but if were a person with like kids and stuff i would give it back

• I'd keep the money and invest it

• You wouldn't feel bad doing it?

• Nope. Fuck that person who dropped it. They should learn to hold on tho their money better.

What Girls Said 16

• Give it back. I was at work one time and this guy was getting change from me and I thought I saw him drop something but it looked like a receipt or a piece of paper out the corner of my eye so I thought he knew he dropped it but didn't feel like picking it up so didn't pay much attention to it, then I went around the counter to pick it up and throw it away and it was an entire clip of 100 dollar bills lol. So I picked it up and went outside and he hadn't left the parking lot yet and I gave it to him and he was freaking out because it was his house note and he was on his way to pay it.

Then about a year later I was at the mall and I had like $500 on me in a little clutch purse, it was my tips from the weekend before and I went to the restroom and left it in the restroom by mistake and I didn't notice until like 30 minutes later and when I went back, the lady who was cleaning the restroom had picked it up and gave it back to me lol. So I gave her some money out of it but a lot of people are actually nice about giving money back.

• I would give it back.

• I'd give it to them! I'm too honest of a person and I would never forgive myself for keeping something that isn't mine to keep.

• It happened once and I automatically yelled ''Sir, your money'' he was grateful and thought that I would take it (he admitted it to me). My friend was standing beside me and called me stupid.

Maybe it's stupid but I'd feel stupid buying something off a stranger's money.

• I'd give it back to them. Just last summer I found $40.00 on a ride at an amusement park. I still didn't feel right about keeping it so I turned it into management. Maybe they just kept it, I don't know but my conscious is clear.

• I'd pick up the money and hand it to them, it isn't mine, same as stealing it from them to me!

• Yes, i have actually did this before. I could never keep it.

• Give them their money. I'd only keep it if I didn't know who dropped it.

• Obviously give them their money if I knew it was there's like wtf people who said otherwise are pathetic

• Id give it back. Its not mine, I didn't earn it.

• I'd give them their money back. I've seen several people drop money and I always give it back.

• I'm not like that. I would give them their money back.

• I'd tell them they dropped money.

• Give it back, I've done it before and my friends always say I'm stupid lol.

• It has happened. I gave them the money. It is the right thing to do.