Race is a power structure, its more than skin color ect. but the power is slowly shifting or equalizing. how do you see certain races in a few decade?

whites are on top and the darker skins are at the bottom and Asians seem to be more accepted and respected over the last 2 decades.

its also related to the socio economic status as whites are the wealthiest but Asian americans are becoming increasingly wealthy and predicted to be and stay the wealthiest americans in the near future.

blacks and Spanish people are very poor still and there haven't been much improvment since the 80s.

what are some factors effecting this change or lack there of? culture? work ethic? family structure and nurture?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't quite understand what you are trying to say. I do not believe that race (or ethnicity as I prefer to call it) is a "power structure". In the end, it all boils down to people having a little more or less melatonin in their skin or having eyes that are - probably for evolutionary reasons - shaped a little rounder or a little more oval.
    Now, I do agree with you that different ethnicities in the US have - overall speaking - very different living standards. This, however, has nothing to do with their ethnicity itself but with subtle racism and prejudices prevalent in American society. Many Americans are extremely scared of open racism. So much so, that they go to ridiculous extremes such as being scared of words and for example saying "the N-word" almost like in Harry Potter "you-know-who-I'm-talking-about" instead of simply saying Voldemort. Ironically, most Americans are completely ignorant of subtle forms of racism on the other hand. The Republican party keeps pushing their agenda to keep as many African Americans (and poor and handicapped people) in America away from the ballots. Their are tons of statistics about black people have it harder. An African American woman has a higher risk of depression and a shorter life span as her white counterpart. In some parts of the country, black people earn less than whites although they have the same qualification and do the same job. This, however, has nothing to do with their ethnicity but with the society around them. The American society (which is basically ruled by white men) does not give them the equal chances they deserve. A similar thing is happening to the working class. Members of the working class are not lazy or dumb because they were born that way. Instead, they struggle because American society is one of the most unequal in the world. They say anyone can make it in America - it ain't true. Maybe that was the case back in the 19th century but today the scientifically proven fact is that if you are born into the working class, chances are you will remain their, as will your kids and your grandchildren. Members of the working class are systematically discriminated by having to go to bad schools, not having health care and thus being drawn into financial ruin if bad luck strikes, not being offered any real perspectives in life etc.. Work as hard and be as smart as you might, if there's a glass ceiling you keep bumping against, you can't rise socially. Many black people encounter the same problems.

• its not a matter of opinion. its a fact. its taught in schools and I've lived it. anyway... after reading your first coupel sentences... i m not here to argue disagreements. you're simply wrong in your fairytale. you dont have to belive it, its a fact.

• I have no idea what you're talking about. You don't want to argue... well, ironically I don't even know exactly what your opinions are. You say race is a "power structure". Okay, what's that even supposed to mean? You say that this stuff is taught in schools and is written in academic literature. Well, I'd love to hear some of those titles. At the moment you just seem like a plain old racist to pretty much anyone in this forum because you claim some bizarre stuff but you don't actually have any evidence for it or care to elaborate on your opinions. If you believe black people are poor because they're lazy, dumb, subhuman beings than you are the ones believing in fairytales - outdated ones, that is.

What Girls Said 2

• Can we please get over this bullshit were different get over it

• Apoligize for what? I misunderstood you I already said that.. I'm not having an attitude maybe your just reading my responses wrong... I'm not gonna apologize for having a different opinion than you sir

• glass heart=sensitive/insecure=never apologising overly offensive from a percieved stimulous that doesn't exit. all equals an obnoxious person to deal with. you called someone a dumbass who is intellectually 10 times superior than you are... wasted my time cause you can't comprehend what i say... causes all this tension doesn't realise own position or the double standard in your ways. stop responding. this is my last. damn energy vampires. you didn't have a different opinion because what I've written are facts... objective things. not something subjective you can have an opinion about. race is a power structure and people are ttreated differently cause of it as a proof.

• I'm not racist.

• didn't say you were. but it still exists and is prevalent.

however, people pretend it doesn't or beleive they aren't when they are. this never helps the issue.

What Guys Said 7

• Socioeconomic status has nothing to do with skin color. If a person is willing to work hard in life and do his or her job right, then he or she will succeed in the future.

• no thats what you want to beleive. i studied this in university and still. i can send you stats and references and save some time with your groundless argument/disagreements.

• race = nothing

only difference is da color of da skin yo 8)

• i disagree. what i have written in my queestion are facts and people go through this shit everyday.

you can even find it in social psycology and sociology of culture text books in university... were not talking about the existence of ghosts here lol

• Well if our society keeps going in this same direction i could see whites being severely oppressed in the future. Minorities (they will probably be equal if not the majority) will probably have more 'rights' and or privileges.

• Unfortunately those of my race will be a minority

• how many are illegally immigrating per annum?

• It's not even known precisely. There have been around 1.2 million apprehensions in recent years, and it is estimated that likely as many actually gained successful entrance. No one even knows how many illegals are already here. Estimates range from 15 million to 40 million!

• I see the Hispanics Indians and Chinese emerging and and middle eastern people will still have power as long as oil is king. I only see the white Europeans and Americans declining because of their low birth rate and they are getting older and older. blacks in America are declining as fast as whites, but it will be hard for them to grasp power because of racism, and also some of their problems are because of their own doing but also blacks shortcomings are the VERY least of their problems. The powers that be wars on drugs, poverty, etc, will effect blacks the worst because they are the poor , and socially despised (not because of their shortcomings, blacks always been despised way before rap, "thug life" crime etc so don't try to make it seem like they were socially accepted until that)

• that you for answering lol you're the only one who get the question and how society really is. everyone is busy denying this fact...

i agree blacks have it really bad... even the proper ones have a hard time because of rejection and prejudices... on top of the bad influence they get from the hood. i see a lot of generational "curses" in these poor families and its hard to get out of. its sad truth

• Well the typical gag member's outlook on race is to deny it, never talk about it. Until America has a real discussion about race, America will never evolve

• you're right they ignore it and its part of the issue.

i read about this in sociolgy of different cultures. that ignoring it continues the issue

• I can see Asians being the superior race in the future

• scientists/geneticists beleive orientals are the most evolved race. why they have less muscle and more brains that absorb more oxygen than other races etc . less physical work and more brain work is what their made for... and it shows on the worlds display...

• The chinese r gonna take over the world.

• chinese are investing everywhere~!

• lol chinese aren't more evil than americans.

this whole thing with americans being the savior is BS. they killed more innocents than all the middle eastern "terrorists" put together in the last 2 decades. roughly 500k.

• everything they touch turns into iraq and is in a way worse conditino than it was before. they start wars based on false flags to steal resources. oil etc . comon but emplymnet law professor teaches this shit too. its obvious if you do some research.