How do I lose weight in particular places?

I'm 123 pounds and want to be 110. I use to be 180 pounds and I noticed that when I lost weight i lost it everywhere. When I went from 130 to 123 it was only in my face. The skinniest I been I was 119. It was also in my face. I'm afraid that if I get to 110 it will only be in my face. I want to lose more in my waist and stomach though. People are starting to tell me if I lose more weight I will look sick. I don't really see it though because I'm kind of fat in my stomach area. That's my main focus

Most Helpful Guy

• First let me say congratulations on your success so far.

But there is no spot treatment. The only real spot treatment is liposuction. Also the last couple of pounds are the hardest to loose.

So what do you do? Well I am not sure what you do for excersize right now but you might want to stare lifting and doing ab workouts. I know some ladies are worried about weight lifting because the dont want to start looking like a bulk guy. However the hormone testosterone makes that capable of guys being able to have larger biceps and chest. Estrogen kinda halts that process or keeps that at a minimum if you will. At your weight its not really the number on the scale anymore. If you really think that you need to loose more weight go ahead but you can aproach this as you want. But a more sustainable way would be to become start building that muscle. Muscle does 2 things. First muscle burns fat second muscle increases our metabolism. I worry with just cardio and dieting you'll burn yourself out and give up or just stop completely.

by the way you look great already. I agree that you dont look like you need to loose any weight. However I understand your frustration and we are our biggest critics.

What Guys Said 11

• I believe you can't target specific areas to lose fat, we're genetically made to lose fat in certain areas first and lose fats in certain areas last. Like for me I lose my fat on my belly area last. Diet and cardio is key! I highly recommend swimming.
    People always overlook swimming. It's rare you'd injure yourself doing so and it's great exercise.

• As long as u are losing weight the healthy way, your body will respond how it is genetically supposed to.

Everyone's bone structure, ability to grow muscle and strength at various places , and proportions on the body where bodyfat is stored... varies greatly from person to person (and can't be changed!)

Congrats on the weight loss, keep it up and let your body do its natural work.

• hmmm guess u cannnot do much... since fat distribution's defined by genetics... no?

• So congrats on the loss of 57lbs. Just eat healthier go on runs and do planks and bicycle kicks. You should listen to your friends though you don't look that bad in your picture and you might think you're fatter than you look because 123lb is a great weight

• Yes, that's normal

Exactly how ur body should be reacting, but spot reduction is a myth, u can't lose weight in specific places u want too

• I think you look well as you are

• The only way you can "spot-burn" fat naturally is by doing certain lifts that target specific areas of your body (chest, back, legs, etc.), but even then it'll still burn fat throughout your whole body too.

• You can't spot reduce body fat. YOu have to reduce body fat holistically throughout your entire body.

Cut carbs, HIIT cardio, caloric deficit every day.

• Do not overdo it since you look good just the way you are right now.

• You don't , it's genetically predetermined what areas you'll lose fat from.

• No, you should keep fat.

• Some cannibals like heavy girls.

• I am eating a human-flesh pizza. Wanna come?

• Do you like to troll?
      You must be obsessed with me since you were already on another question of mine

What Girls Said 5

• You can't "spot" lose weight. You can increase muscle and tone in specific areas, however know if you increase muscle mass you will also increase your weight. Muscle weighs 7% more then fat does.

If you're over 5' I wouldn't try to lose anymore.

• You can't just lose weight in your stomach. You need to target that area with specific exercises geared towards belly fat. Stop dieting and doing just cardio. You need to do weight training in combination with certain types of cardio. Muscle burns more fat than dieting and walking.

• How tall are you?

• I am 5'1 and I should weigh no less than 110lbs so I doubt it is healthy for you to be losing more weight... Try toning your body rather than losing weight. You'll still be healthy while getting good results.

• Do crunches to tone it. It's stupid people say you would look "sick." I'm just under 110 and I don't look sick. Tell them to stop being jealous of you getting into shape. Good work getting fit. Just stay healthy and things will be good. Most people lose weight everywhere. Building muscle in certain areas can help burn the fat in those areas.

• This girl I haven't seen in a year said I was getting too skinny. And with my face structure it gets a lot more prominent when I lose just 5 pounds.
      So I don't know if I would look sick at 110...

• Hmm yeah I mean people do carry it differently. It depends on how tall you are too. If your face starts to look sunken in then that's a sign to stop I would say.

• You can't, your body loses weight from all over.