Why does it seem like everybody hates black people, and always have?

It's not fair, historically, it's as if every other civilization and group of people, from ancient history to the modern day has looked down upon us, why, what right did they have, what made us inferior, huh? All throughout history, dark skin has always been looked down upon, well, WHY? What is it about dark skin that makes humans hate it, that makes humans hate us? Is it just more proof of how the human race really is just a vile thing?

Most Helpful Girl

• I thought you meant on here.. lol. Apparently some people have had some bad experiences, but I just consider the people who say things they think are really offensive to me as fucktards. :)

But I can understand what you mean. Someone on another site said something about Ghandi only wanting to support light skinned rich Indians and he was racist about black people. I researched it but I didn't come up with anything more than "someone said this".

No one has any reason to hate a group today--like the fool who asks the same question about the Turkish massacre or something--but back then it was because those people were ignorant and they unjustly imposed their beliefs onto other people. Just because Africans lived differently than those in England did not mean the Africans were uncivilized. They had their own civilization.

But no. It doesn't mean that the human race is vile. I would caution you on thinking that. It just means some people--one is too many but still--are fucktards who think this and really just poison the Earth.

• Turkish massacre? What do you mean?

• There's some guy on here who asks if any Turks remember the Armenian massacre or something that the Turks apparently instigated. And he will. Not. Let. It. Go.

Undoubtedly, there are some Turks who acknowledge it but in his mind there is NO Turk that does. It might be the opposite though.

What Girls Said 4

• The only people who hate African Americans are the ones who can't stand anything that is different from themselves. They are judgmental, insensitive assholes. That is all they are. I grew up in a town where African Americans were scarce. We only had two African Americans living in our town. I remember clearly the day they moved in. Everyone within the town was talking about it. Me, being six years old, didn't understand what the big deal was and became friends with the children. After awhile the commotion died down and everyone accepted what was. But that doesn't stop people from being judgmental. That's like people stating that people were born being racist. Which isn't the case at all. My family was racist, but I wasn't. The only difference was skin color. We are all still human. I don't care if you are white, black, pink, red or fucking purple. You treat me with respect and kindness and you will see me following suit. People are people.

• Maybe you should ask Azelia Banks about it.

• As compared to old times... presently it is very rare that black people are being hated

• Because historically, darker skin people are seen as poor, uncivilized and lower class among the society. I don't think this only applies to Black people though. Anyone who has dark skin will be look down upon.

What Guys Said 13

• I imagine there was a common belief among many westerners that they were naturally smarter, more civilized and better overall because of their technology and more advanced society at the time. I think it's pretty natural for people to generally want to rationalize themselves in a high regard, even as superior than others. You're even demonstrating wanting basic respect by asking the question. I think the feeling of superiority came mostly from cultural differences and the dark skin was more of a reason to identify the person at different.

• Isn't it a little obvious?

I mean, I myself have nothing against black people, but if you know history then you should know why this is the case.

First of all, people from Europe had lighter skin because their skin did not need as much melanin due to the climate. Their lighter skin developed over thousands of years. If they had been black, and the others white, things would be no different.

Technology and culture developed quickly in Europe . It became a very wealthy and powerful continent. Soon, people began to explore and conquer new lands. These new lands happened to be inhabited by those of a darker colour and these people were discriminated against and exploited because of their inferior technology, weaponry and knowledge.

Europeans a took advantage of the people of these new lands and used them for their own benefit. They were enslaved, denied basic human rights, given poor living conditions and small patches of land which were heavily taxed. They were kept separate from the Europeans who would not associate with them. This led to a prejudiced attitude among the Europeans. What did all of these people of the new lands have in common? They were black. This led to the attitude of all black people being inferior.

The prejudice continued for hundreds of years but as time passed, black people were eventually given full and equal rights. However, as to be expected, black people would be from poorer backgrounds due to the fact that they were considered inferior for years and denied good housing and jobs. And in poorer areas, crime and anti-social behaviour is most common. This is where the attitude of "all blacks steal" came from.

This is why it seems people hate black people. But the truth is, only a relatively very small amount of people do today. The reason there is more black people in jail and less of them in good jobs is because many of them are from poor backgrounds, where crime and antisocial behaviour are rampant. And the reason they are poorer is because of the past.

Things are getting better, but you can't expect things to improve for black people so quickly. There are reletively little ignorant and racist people out there today but of course you can expect black people to be less well off.

• I don't think it has to do with hate.

Africa, Australia, and America, was colonised historically because other humans evolved faster and were more warlike. Especially those in Europe because since they were all close to each other, they fought many wars for resources and lands. Those wars forced them to evolve.
    Once they realised the earth had limited resources, they went on campaigns to acquire more and more lands, and when they came across less evolved humans, they either enslaved them or wiped them out.

As far as I recall, that's pretty much what happened

• Less evolved, less evolved? Not being brutal barbarians like the Europeans does not equal less evolved. All they were good at was killing, a technique they perfected in constantly killing each other, they just managed to luck out and not all die in their foolish wars. They lucked out that they lived in complete filth, because they mostly won due to the vast number of diseases they carried?

• Less evolved in terms of technology I mean. Not biologically of course because that takes hundreds of thousands of years. An incredible amount of human technology was developed in periods of war. That also includes medical science discoveries.

• I love me some black girls. They're shapely, confident and the dark skin really makes them look exotic.

I think many people are simply turned off by their whining about slavery and pulling the "that's racist!" card whether it suits the situation or not. It's tiring to hear. In some ways they're basically the feminists of skin color.

• History isn't the problem, it's your knowledge of it that is the problem. Also sounds like you have been experienced some racism in your life time, this will no doubt influence your perception of things.

• Actually, no, it's basically history, modern society, and the internet that caused these views, and don't say the Internet doesn't reflect society, because when about 90% of the whites on the Internet are racist it stops being a fluke and more of a likelihood.

• Call me a racist, go ahead, it just shows how utterly un-unique you are, what's next, gonna go on a rant about how blacks are the real racists? Believe me when I say, I know your playbook.

• uh.. anyone can be racist against any other race. Racism isn't a black vs. white issue. You are clearly blinded by your own hatred here, perhaps you should try and take a step back form the issue to get a better understanding of it, can't see the forest from the tree's and all that.

• I don't hate black people. I hate bad black people, just like I hate bad white people, and bad hispanic people, etc.

• Gotta love all the people commenting saying "I don't have black people" as if I specifically accused them, smh

• Wow, a type, ingenious, what are you, 12?

• No, I'm not 12. Maybe you should proofread your typing before you type. One letter in some words can make all the difference and give people the wrong idea. Maybe try accepting constructive criticism more smoothly next time, instead of assuming someone is being destructive.

• I dont hate black people, we are all human beings, You should come to Europe mate, we are a lot more open minded

• Really? Because far as I can tell, Europe is far more racist and xenophobic than America.

• Well, France is actually pretty bad, some places in Germany are bad too. Italy and Spain are both deeply racist, and Russia, the Ukraine, and the countries in that general region are also bad. Another pretty bad Western European country is Ireland, from what I've heard, and there are parts of the UK that have major issues with race too.

• For a start There will always be bad places there is no denying that but I can tell you that Ireland isn't that bad, In certain parts of Ireland you may get a funny look but thats about it mate, everywhere in the world has racists, Europe generally has less than america in my opinion, none of my black friends have ever had any trouble either have my indian friends,

• white supremacy.

• humans are cruel.. duh.

• Because racism will continue to happen, until it stops being taught

• Slavery ended, biatch. Last I knew, a black dude is the US President. STFU with your whining and go make something of yourself. You are your problem, no one else. Society isn't out to screw you--you are screwed by you own victim mentality. Stop being so weak. It's disgusting.

• It's so easy to tell who's white, huh...

• You came here to whine about your awful life. Either fix it or shut up. I'll happily tell you to STFU, immature or not, because it's what your lazy black ass needs to hear. Stop whining, and start solving your problems. Either do something constructive or die. I don't give a shit about your quality of life--that's your problem to solve.

• Haha, once again, you're immature, yet another person with no real experience trying to tell me what their reality is? You don't know pain, you don't know what suffering is, so silence yourself, you barking fool. You know NOTHIG. But, haha, yet another white person pretending to understand what it means to be black. I hope you do feel utter pain and suffering, so you can either shut up or for once in your life feel empathy. Humans like you, are pathetic, you act as if you're strong, but you're not, your just sad. I didn't come here because of my own pain, but because of my people's pain, because that's who I care for, because unlike you, you selfish bastard, I do care for people outside of myself.

• I hate questions like these. You're sarcastically imitating what a black person would say and its disrespectful and technically propaganda

• I am black,

• Well in that case, let me tell you that our race is not exclusive to the struggle.

• That's the Jews. The hating black people trend has only been going on since the 1500's.

• Oh, silence yourself, the Jews have only been hated by the Europeans, and they pretty much hated anyone that wasn't them.

• Hmm, so, let me get this straight, I should pity the Jews because they had shit far enough in the past that it doesn't really have any bearing whatsoever on the modern world, is that what you're saying? And, everyone faced wars and death and conquering, such a thing happening to the Jews isn't special.

• I never said pity, just don't be one of those people who demand your people had it worse just because they're your people.