Why does society look down on erotic dancers?

Most Helpful Guy

• Society looks down on everything that's sexual, it's taboo, goes against religion, so people just can't accept it.
    Also, it can possibly be because they have done nothing to get there, just had a nice body and that's it, they got the money, while others had to go to college, study, spend lots of money, work hard, and then find a good job.

What Girls Said 3

• Society looks down on all sex workers. There's no good reason why.

• Because they think the person didn't get their education or go to school to be one. They think they are lazy.
    I don't.

• I don't!!! I love strippers. Sometimes I fantasize about having sex with one. And I'm a female! And straight! But I met this one stripper and watched her dance and I wanted to eat her pussy so bad!

What Guys Said 8

• Because they are doing something that requires no training or special skillset besides being naked and moving your hips as a career. It is something that basically says you have no marketable skills, but you can be naked.

• There are many women who choose to strip in order to pay for their educations. Is that wrong too?

• Same thing. Even if the ends justify the means, that's still what it is.

• This is one of the many euphemisms for 'prostitute.' Why do you try to kid yourself? Or try to kid us?

• Society sees erotic dancers as being the first step in a downward life of drugs, sex for money or drugs and taking the money from weak minded men who should be spending the rent on a girl.

The stripper is prettier and most women cannot compete so the society blames the cute little dumb girl shaking her can, cans.

• Patriarchy

• Probably because...

They come with a bad reputation of drugs, crime, immorality, pimps, bad lifestyle also because the christian frown upon anything that is sexual.

Movies depict erotic dancers as low life scums that live in tiny apartments where all they do is dance and can't get by, which is not entirely true.

• coz they ate my cherry pie :(

• Because they primarily cater to male sexuality and we live in a very gynocentric culture.

• Anything sexual is private and so not appropriate for the eyes of normal society