Horrible nightmares influenced my life, what should I do?

Lately i've been having so many nightmares.. I just dreamt that I am at a hotel with complete strangers and somehow I met a guy (about 30) who I really liked. We spent a lot of time together and had fun.. but after a while he started being creepy and was at least 50 years old even though it was still the same guy. There was a huge washroom where I washed myself and he was also there, he started touching me and stuff. I was crying and screaming but nobody helped me, other people just kept on washing themselves.
I couldn't escape from him.. I was stuck in the hotel.
However after a while when I was finally home he came to visit us, I was shouting at my family, telling them not to let him in but they called me crazy and let him enter the house. I locked myself in the kitchen but then the man and my entire family broke down the door. Then bad things happened that I can't really remember.
I've had a lot of other nightmares where similar things happened..

I do know that it is just a dream but those kind of nightmares started influencing my life. I am scared of men and don't really trust my family anymore. I can't go out on my own when it is dark outside because I get so anxious and paranoid about people following me.

Most Helpful Girl

• Omg, that sounds really terrible. I am sorry you are going through this. :(
    If I were you, then I would talk to someone about it and eventually get proffesional help if it won't get any better.
    Please ignore those who say that their nightmares are worse or whatever, this isn't a competition about who feels more miserable.
    I hope you get better! ❤️

• Thank you.. and yes, "mine are worse" and "just relax" made me feel like shxt. Can I message you?:(

• Of course!!

What Guys Said 2

• whoa wait... not all guys r like him... relax better ;)

• Maybe see a shrink. This sounds frustrating to unwind, and I'm not getting paid to do it.

What Girls Said 3

• mine are worse.. just relax... and think about something else..

• It doesn't mean anything. You are worried over nothing.

• your worries very often translate into your dream life.