2 years ago I told my friends I hooked up with this girl but I didn't?

When I was a sophomore I told my friend I hooked up with her and when she heard that I was saying that, she got really upset. I think she was called a whore by some other guy. But it wasn't even true so I don't know why she'd care.
Now we are going to be seniors in high school. Every time I see her she does not smile at me. I know I shouldn't have lied about hooking up with her but She either does not have an expression or gives me a frown/nasty/bitch look.

WHY IS SHE NOT OVER THIS? ITS BEEN ALMOST 2 YEARS! WTF FORGIVE & FORGET.

• She's overreacting
  • She's not overreacting

Most Helpful Girl

• She is definitely not overreacting. You spread a rumor about her which was NOT the truth. How would you handle it if she started spreading rumors about you that she saw you giving a blowjob to a guy in your school's wc? I don't think you would be able to handle it well and I don't think you would have a gentle attitude towards her.

What Girls Said 4

• why does it matter if its true or not when everyone else does think its true and has judged her for it? that could have affected the entire two years since then with guys avoiding her or treating her as easy.

i wouldn't forgive you either with that attitude, you haven't even apologised and you dont think ruining someones reputation is a big deal. why would she smile at someone who caused her grief? come on...

• Women are assigned social value based on the amount of sex people think we don't have. The easier people think we are, the worse we're treated -by men and women -and being considered easy can lead to a lot of harassment. If you were friends, she probably feels like you betrayed her. If you weren't, she's probably offended that you had the gall to drag her reputation through the mud for no reason.

• No she was just a girl in my class and I didn't think she'd find out

• There was very little chance that she wouldn't find out -people gossip -especially about sex. You basically got her assigned the reputation of "slut" at fifteen or sixteen -and she's the one having to deal with the negative consequences -not you.

• You never even apologized for what you said or retracted that statement, so why should she forgive you for it? I probably wouldn't give you frowns and nasty looks after two years, but I certainly wouldn't smile at you. I'm sure she had to deal with people gossiping behind her back about it and calling her names etc. You don't forget shit like that.

• She's overreacting.

What Guys Said 3

• huh... basically y did u said this in da 1st place?

• I didn't even tell a lot of people. I didn't think she'd find out and react like that

• Perception is reality. You spread a lie which made people perceive as a whore. She's not overreacting. You were an ass. It's time to be a man, come clean and tell everyone you were an asshole teenager. You ruined her reputation and it's time to restore it.

• If... the friendship is salvageable you'll need a gesture that shows that you are truly sorry.
    What you said probably will have long lasting effects. (Idiot)

• She wasn't my friend so I didn't think she'd find out

• You're right, you didn't think. It was naive and narrow minded of you to think if never get back to her.