Why isn't there a black suburbia?

Maybe I'm ignorant. Maybe there is one, but I'm just wondering why the majority of my people are still in the poorer sides of cities etc. I'm just wondering why that is and how and why we got there.

Most Helpful Guy

• There are many black suburbia. Uniondale, NY; Hillcrest, NY; Friendly, MD; Woodmore, MD; Baldwin Hills, CA; and one of the richest Black suburbs in America, View Park-Windsor Hills, California. These suburbs are VERY beautiful... however it cost like a shit ton of money to live there.

As for why most of the poverty stricken blacks are stuck in the inner city, well you can blame Racism, White Flight, Black Flight, the FHA's redlining policy and the federal Banking system for that.

What Girls Said 2

• It's called White Flight. Decades ago the whites left the inner cities to get away from the blacks and that is how the suburbs were created.

• slavery and racism,,, i thought that was a given

What Guys Said 1

• huh... how do u define black suburbia?