I think I have obsessive compulsive disorder?

I think I might have OCD... Here are a few of the things I do that make me think I have this condition:

- I've always had very sensitive eyes, but a few weeks ago I started getting extremely scared of getting soap in my eyes. When I wash my hair I spray water in my face/eyes for a long time just to make sure there's absolutely no soap/shampoo in them whatsoever. The result: my eyes are clean but they end up hurting cause of the water... I know I wash my hair like any other person, I apply the shampoo, tilt my head back and rinse off, yet I keep worrying.

- When I leave the house, I always lock the door (not that strange), but I always check like 2 times just to be sure the door is closed.

- Again, my eyes, when I'm eating something, I make sure not to touch my face or hair while doing so because I'm scared something might get in them... Crumbs, I don't know, whatever you know. I always get stuff in my eyes when I'm outside though, dust, bugs always seem to love my eyes lol.

So my question here is... I know that this is not normal and I feel bad about it because in some way I know it's not okay for me to act like this, yet I keep doing this? Some days are better than others though. There are days where I don't worry about it. I've talked to my doctor about it and he gave me something, but it doesn't really seem to do much atm... Does anyone have some tips to help me calm down a bit?

Most Helpful Guy

• No, that doesn't sound like OCD at all.

• What does this sound like then? Or is my behaviour not that weird? Cause I sure do feel weird about it... :/

What Guys Said 4

• "Again, my eyes, when I'm eating something, I make sure not to touch my face or hair while doing so because I'm scared something might get in them... "

hahhaahah

actually same thing happens wid me somehow.

they will destroy my hair :|

• Tell your doc that meds don't seem to be working.

• https://youtu.be/9W8iZlgGLMQ

Video Diary Of A Woman Diagnosed With Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

• its kinda mild. I've heard much worse.

What Girls Said 3

• I'd get a second opinion and try to see a therapist of some kind for a real diagnosis. There's obviously some sort of anxiety going on though.

• It's possible you might have a mild version of it because you do constantly worry about jerks or being clean.

But the normal qualities usually have to do with constantly washing your hands, showering multiple times a day for long periods of time, refusing to touch other people or objects without a glove or disinfecting it.

There's really only one way to know. I recommend going to see your doctor.

• I dont know if it ocd, but i too for instance look three times if i turned off the lights. I acctually get off bed three times. also chek the doors or if i closed the water. i get really paranoid something will happen even though its almost impossible.