Why do people think that men need to provide for women?

Honestly, that's the dumbest thing i have ever heard, i will never provide for a woman, maybe for a child but definitely not for a woman. Who even believes in such stupidity?

Most Helpful Girl

• So what would you do if you had a wife? Make her work while she's pregnant? Require that she work and not rest while she's taking care of a young child? Men are supposed to provide while women nurture. It's not fair to ask a woman to have a baby for you then act like she needs to work outside the home equally as well. If that's the case stay single or find a misguided feminist who doesn't know she can do better

• Just because we have a baby doesn't mean i have to do all the work. That's nonsense. I will never marry, but i would like to maybe raise a child. Also, why do you think that women have to raise the child? parents should take equal part in raising the child.

What Girls Said 8

• I believe we should come together as individuals as well as adults and take care of everything together. We should work together😉

• it stems from hundreds of years of history when women were deprived from having an education so they couldn't provide for themselves :D but now it doesn't seem an appropriate belief as women can provide for themselves, although some people still have that old-fashioned mindset. i don't think that anyone should be financially dependent on anyone. dumb move.

• I think it's because of the "role for the gender". Most people nowadays say so that men should provide for women in order to show their 'responsibitities' which I think doesn't make sense at all. As a teenager, I do provide for myself and my family in a way that I don't need any men to provide for myself.

• its just another thing society expects of us, to endorse the idea of how men need to be masculine. kind of how girls aren't supposed to play certain sports or cut their hair short, its just society pressuring people to follow their standards.

• Blame evolutionary theory

• it's how it was in the old days.

• Some people prefer traditional gender role stuff. Man provides for woman and children. Woman takes care of home and kids.

I provide for myself and it works for me. Do what works for you.

• Couldn't agree more.

What Guys Said 6

• That is the role of man. Does this mean you are not a real man who feels the need to provide and protect his woman?

Some thoughts have a common source and incest seems to define men like yourself in their thought patterns. Men who have no boundries or defined role have normally had them blurred at a young age where concepts are presented to make them ok with it. The sheer fact that you seem to hate the concept of takeing care of a woman, make you purley odd.

• Of course i am a real man but i provide for myself, not anyone else. You sound like an old fashioned bigot but guess what, i expected people like you to blab their 15th century nonsense. Incest? yeah, you need help.

• Because some people are still raised to be sexist. The idea of gender neutrality is picking up only now, so I'd expect it to take at least 20-40 years until there is a generation where the MAJORITY gets over "gender roles", gender segregation, and sexism.

• BS... i believe it doesn't matter in our days ;)

• It's good to provide for people who you care about that might need some help but I'd never do it just because im male.

• People who want to provide for a child...

• because they're gold digging whores I guess.

• ? how? the only reason that ever existed as a tradition was through no fault of women. men deprived women from education