Should I tell him to get help for his drinking?

okay as you all know i am working as a bartender. and i have this one customer who really speaks out to me. he is a man who is suffering from mental illness devoloped in iraq. he is an ex con and did four years in prioson and was let out one year ago. he has lost his marriage, his job and custody of his three kids. he has no home and sleeps in an alleyway at night. now the bar that i work at opens at 10am and he is there first thing he is usually our first customer and he stays at the bar until closing which is at 4am. he comes into the bar early morning already reeking of booze you can smell vodka from his mouth from a mile away. he told me he drinks over half gallon of vodka a day and he has already devolped cihrois from dinking and has been told that if he keeps on drinking he will be dead within a year. now i feel guilty serving him but he is our best customer. he spends every cent he has on booze and he runs up his bar tab to close to over 300 dollars. he has thrown up blood in our bathrooms and you can see in his face that his health is detrating. he has bruises all over his body. and constantly complains of his body hurting. and he dosent get along well with our other customers they complain that he smells. and he will cry at the bar and he will tell us all these really deppressing stories. he has even gotten into a fight at our bar and last night he walked into our bar with no money whatsoever and racked up a 300 dollar bar tab which me and my manager and the other bar tenders helped pay for. me and my manger and the other bar staff have talked about kicking him out but we all feel so bad for him after a while we are like the only family he has. we know he is bad for buisness and we like to keep a good repution for our bar but we all feel guilty about serving him. and my bar owner is an alcholic as well and when he says someone needs to get help with their drinking then they need help. so what should i do in this sitution. aa or rehab or an intervention

Most Helpful Girl

• yeah you should try an intervention.

What Girls Said 1

• See if you can get him in a psyche ward and then ask them to pray for him.

What Guys Said 3

• guess so.. this guy seems he's wastin both his money n health i'mafraid :(

• Some form of intervention is probably best which may lead to AA or rehab. Definitely stop serving him alcohol.

• I'd probably say something to the guy, you never know something you say might trigger him to sort himself out.