Do you think it's a good thing or a bad thing for women to be too irrational and emotional?

Some people say it's a good thing because women who become mothers, can teach their children, emotions. Some other pay it's because because women who are too emotional resort to low and immature solutions when things don't go their way like physical violence or constant yelling. In fact, I know plenty of women who are ridiculously immature for their age that would resort to physical violence when they either hear something that they don't like to hear or if a man speaks his mind about her (like being ugly, annoying, a bitch, etc.) when they all could have just ignored them and walk away.

• Good thing
  • Bad thing
  • Neither

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it's good for anyone to be too irrational or emotional. I don't think you need to completely divorce emotions from reason to behave rationally, though. Just don't let emotions rule you, whether it's anger, hatred, happiness, jealousy, fear, etc.

• It's not to say that we should completely abandon our emotions because it's human and animal nature. It's basically like what you said at the end of the answer. Don't let it rule you and your decision making of your actions.

• Yeah, pretty much. Unfortunately lot of people (men included) make decisions based mainly on how they feel/emotions.

• True. Men aren't that much better either in emotions.

What Girls Said 2

• It's not a good thing.

• A person can have emotions with out being irrational or overly-emotional. A lot of women drive me crazy with the way they act.

• Same here. Especially teenage girls (Middle School and High School aged) and women in their early to mid 20s (particularly college girls). A lot of them in my experience don't know how to act civilized and mature for their age. Most women in my experince also start to finally get their act togther when they're in their late 20s to early 30s.

What Guys Said 3

• Well I don't think there's a word for irrational in the female tongue I'm afraid. As they often deem everything they say as something correct and no ones opinion matters. Obviously I'm being very general but with most women they have to be right, you have to respect them for who they are and im sorry mate you won't get much better.

• I voted neither because that's just a sexist misconception. Males who diss on females regarding how "emotional" those women are probably have no female friends, and that's why they came up with the idea in the first place.
    It's easier to understand others if you're connected to your own emotional states, and you also at least somewhat respect others even if they're female, rather than just dismiss them.

• But are the men who diss the women really worth the time to waste on, is what I really want to ask women here on GAG.

• Of course not, that's why I personally wrote this answer in like one minute. I type really quickly.

• being emotional... it's their nature basically... since gals tend 2 be more emotional :)