Do you consider yourself lucky that you were born in the modern era?

Personally yeah….. i find the world before 70s scary as fuck for some reason. :S

Even worse... imagine if u were born in 15th-16th century…ughhhh

for some reason i believe people back then had no forms of entertainment and their lives were very lmited :/

Most Helpful Guy

• Anybody that says no doesn't understand how good we have it today.

What Girls Said 9

• I love indoor plumbing. I love the internet. I love fast internet and wifi even more. There's no way I'd wish to live in the past.

• If I had to pick another time, I would choose the 19th century. I love their clothes. Lol. As far as entertainment, people in those times were very hardworking. They were too busy to worry about entertainment. Except for the rich, of course. People are lazy and feel entitled now.

• Considering I'm a female AND have brown skin, yes, yes I am. The world wasn't a welcoming place for people like me in the past.

• Hell yeah I do! :D

• yes, and I think anyone who says otherwise looks back at other eras through rose-tinted lenses. Sure, we have our problems in the modern world but things were so much shitter before, especially in terms of racism, sexism etc. We're not there yet, but we sure as hell have made progress.

• Yes, I do.
    I think that life in those times was more difficult.
    But remember what is modern now, will be old in the future.

• Not really. They still made it and didn't die of boredom. I will admit the 15th century would be boring but the 20th century is just fun to me in general.

• Fun? With all the rampant racism, sexism and homophobia? Lol

• You misunderstood me. I'm talking technology-wise. FYI There will unfortunately always be sexism, homophobia and racism.

• Hell yes. I will never understand people who glorify the past.

• Yes, I am really lucky. Otherwise I would be a farmer's daughter

What Guys Said 5

• I was born in 84 and to be honest there are sometimes I would like to go back to those days until the middle of the 1990's

1. Terrorism yes it did exist but no one gave a monkeys and it appeared but in small pieces not like today where it covers every page , every TV news channel.

2. People actually bought music on tapes and cd's rather than downloaded them and we had loads of true artists not ones created by xfactor ok some songs were bizarre like crash test dummies and "mmmmm" that's literally what it was called and the song had loads of that in the lyrics

3. It was fun I grew up with computers like the Amiga and c64's and Atari's and things like crash test dummy cars which I played with and many a time threw off the top of the stairs nowadays a lot just want to play computers all the time.

Are there things I am grateful for these days yes there is Internet i remember working in supporting the first BT broadband routers in the UK and setting them up and mobiles while I hate some people who talk for ages on them on the bus it's ok if it's only a min or so otherwise have some respect !

Wifi is helpful it changed gaming! I remember having to go see my friend every time I wanted a Pokemon trade on red or blue and then having a big chunky cable connected to them many a fun afternoon with friend doing that.

• Somewhat. I wouldn't say the modern day is that much better. We may have the advanced technology but we still have a lot of social issues today, just different ones from the past.

• Every era was modern for the people in them. You can't miss what you never had. Eventually this era will be considered ancient too

• Meh, it doesn't really matter, I don't consider myself lucky or unlucky for that.

• Definitely. We have all this awesome technology :)