Low self esteem?

I'm not suicidal but I always feel depressed. I just want to be happy yet I can't have that. Every time I feel happy it only last for a while then I get really sad again. Has anyone ever feel this way? I'm wondering if I have depression disorder but people say I don't.

Most Helpful Guy

• u shouldn't... u are very pretty 2 feel dat way ;)

What Guys Said 6

• Well I think it's probably because of your personality.
    You should definitely consult your psychiatrist because we G@Gers are not authorized to prescribe any drugs 😛

• Being happy is a choice. Choose to be happy.

• That sounds like depression and you don't have to be suicidal to be clinically depressed. I get that way myself pretty bad but I am on meds that help quite a bit you really should talk with your doctor about this.

• It's because you're a girl.

Shoot up some testosterone, and that'll take care of that. Of course, you might sprout facial hair.

• I've can't sympathize!

• I have felt that way every day since I was a small child.
    I have lost count of the nights during which I recited my favourite soliloquies from Macbeth and Hamlet to my Colt 1911.
    On Sunday I got as far as putting the pistol in my mouth and taking up the first pressure on the trigger, when one of my cats buffed against me. In my mind I heard her say: "When you are gone, who will take care of us?"
    Self evidently, I stopped at that point.
    You might have a form of depression. Only a psychiatrist can diagnose it and suggest a course of action.

What Girls Said 2

• First of all, no one (unless they are a psychiatrist) can say you aren't. I used to feel that way, it was triggered by past events and GA disorder as well as severe OCD. All you can do is find resources to help with it, see a doctor, and so on. Read some forums/blogs about it and try to surround yourself with positivity.

• This is true I guess it's past events

• Honestly, you have to get to a point where you can't let it affect you - getting there is going to be a journey so don't expect instant success. Just try some books on it, blogs, talk to a counselor or find a help group - that's what I did for my GA disorder.

• See a counselor!