Would you support a tax increase if it benefited NASA?

• Yes
  • No
This increase would be small and would go DIRECTLY to NASA
The details got cut off

Most Helpful Guy

• Freaking absolutely. Definitely.

"But that 2c on the tax dollar could be spent on feeding the poor" Unlikely. More likely it would add to the 70c on the tax dollar that goes to the goddamned military to pay for occupations outside the US, including developed nations that already have their own military. Let's not forget that 1 year in Iraq during the height of the war cost the US more than the entire budget of NASA since its inception combined.

Not only that, but while military research does benefit technological advancement, NASA is far more directly beneficial to society on the ground.

For every new anti-recoil assault rifle the military develops, NASA pours more research into better photovoltaics. NASA leads research into climate change, sustainability, and questions about the universe.

Frankly, we would be better off if that 70c towards the military became 30c, with 20c going to nasa (10x the budget) and 20c going to domestic projects. Fewer guns. More butter.

I wouldn't necessarily be happy if they RAISED our taxes instead of cutting military spending, but I'll still be willing to take a bit of a hit for a fairly large boost in NASA budget. If I wasn't between jobs right now, I would have already donated to Bill Nye's solar sail project.

What Girls Said 5

• Of course I would. I'm more than positive it costs more money to let shoddy Russian rockets carrying billions of dollars in supplies blow up instead of take care of things ourselves. It's a mistake to trust them with anything we need or want right now.

• If they increased our taxes by a dollar they could probably solve hunger in america. I'm completely fine with paying taxes as long as they go towards important things

• Yeah I would

• No, not really.

• If I refuse to help the homeless wtf makes you think I'd support nasa.

What Guys Said 8

• I totally would. Space exploration is a great way to drive scientific and technological advancement.

• No, the government has enough money to support NASA without a tax increase. They just waste it on BS projects and funding a monolithic military that literally has no enemy to fight.

• No can't do it find another way

• Define "benefit"

• Scientists would have more resources to get us to start colonizing other planets faster.

• Because it's totally a matter of not having money instead of not having them distributed wisely.

• A combination of more money and wise distribution of it will lead to new technologies and the ability to alleviate suffering from a growing population and limitations of how much food we can grow with current technology.

• To the stars!! *points dramatically* "where no man has gone before!"

• No, I wouldn't. No more tax increases WHATSOEVER.

• I would i'm not greedy like the rest of these idiots and I support what they're trying to do

• Cuz tax increases have ALWAYS benefited people.

• The money would go directly to NASA

• No, I said that.

• Even if, as you said, the society cannot survive to see the new technologies implemented all is not lost. The knowledge will be written down somewhere, and eventually a new society will take that knowledge and implement it at an accelerated rate.