Would you be able to survive with $10 for a week?

only drinking water and starving doesn't count

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on the time of the month and everything. At the beginning of the month, everything comes out. So that would be no. If it's later on, likely yes. I always have extra canned food in my cupboards. I live by myself, so when I go grocery shopping I buy extra food that will last so I don't have to go every week. I don't spend a lot of money anyway. So I think I could handle it if I only $10 one week. I can't really see that happening though. I have a good savings account and everything. I'm never short on cash. So the only way that could happen is if I lost my job.

What Guys Said 14

• In the old country.
    Yes.
    In the developed world.
    No,

• I've survived on $286.35 a month for about close to 3.5 years. I ain't going back there again, FUCK THAT!

• Probably. I put all but about 17$ of my paycheck into savings already, I'd just have to cut back on 7$.

• Sure, I could survive it.

I'd be living in my own personal version of hell since I love food so much, but still, I could manage it.

• For a while not to long down the road though

• If it's just for a week, and if food and water are covered, Its a piece of cake. But in the long run, It's impossible.

• Sure, I'll just buy bread, and put something on said bread. Should be fairly simple, really.

• Oi going to a Chinese bakery, 3 buns for $1. I can survive for 10 days xD

• No, I wouldn't

• For ONES week?
    Possibly.

• Yeah no problem. With change!

• For only 1 week it could be done, there would be a good amount of dumpster diving behind restaurants to make that $10.00 last as long as possible.

• Yeah, I'd be able to survive.

• ... But but I like water..

What Girls Said 8

• Yes. I could get 5 packs à 500g oats and 2kg bananas. Oats are very filling and bananas are delicious! 😁

• Yeah, if I mooched off my mom's food.

But if I was on my own? Yeah, but only if I got 1 maybe 2 lbs of carrots, brown rice, and potatoes, some grits as well. But what type of life is that? A very sucky life. And depending on where you live, you aren't getting those things cheaply. So yeah, maybe for me I could but a lot of people couldn't.

• Also, I'm assuming you mean I already have a place to stay... like it isn't the first of the month or anything. (rent is due)

• In a case of £10/week, I can buy 5 packs of pasta, a stick of butter and some seasoning - boom, survival completed.

I've survived on far less, like 5-10 Lt/week (Lithuanian former currency, 1lt = £0.25).

I've got a lot of practice from growing up in a poor family and although my life now is shittons better, I wouldn't crumble if poverty hit again. ;p

• Yes I would be.

• Nope! I love food so much and I eat a lot so nope :P

• Yeah, if I had shelter.

• 99Cent store!!!

• Probably not