I say Americans should get a new name.. agree?

Ok I know this can't actually happen but still. There are 23 countries in north America but only people from one country can call themselves Americans. Anyone in Asia from any country can say they're Asian. Same for any other continent. Were Americans just lazy?

• Pancakes
  • Waffles
  • French toast

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, it's unfair on the Americans of South America. South America is more American than north America anyway. I have been pondering what to call the Statites for a while now as I don't wish to lump in the South Americans.

• How is it more American?

• Neither. That's not what I said. I meant people in the US being called Americans

• Yes but why do you have issue, because they call themselves Americans instead of what the indigenous people may have called the land, or because they are immigrants and not native to the continent named America?

What Girls Said 2

• We should be called tacos. \._./

• Haha sounds good to me

• You sound dumb Asf

• And you're too dumb to realise I'm wasn't serious

• Oh *I

• Yeah that

What Guys Said 8

• nah

,,,,,,,,,,,

• Not to be defiant, but I believe there are actually 23 countries in North America.

Anyway, about the name: I'm not bothered by being called American, even though it's an obvious misnomer. If people wanted to call Americans something else, though, I'd be cool with that too--I'm not married to it or anything.

• Didn't I already say that? Ok then

• Wow, somehow I read your 23 as 48. My bad, man. I've been working for WAY too long tonight. LOL

• Haha... get some sleep

• It's technically United States of America obviously, but it's most often shortened for practicality. I think the name makes sense. It's just a name though. When eating a tomato on my salad the other day I remember thinking how if the American government didn't lie (I think it was them) about calling a tomato a vegetable, I bet the idea or norm of putting tomatoes on a salad would have never have happened. Most only associate vegetables on a salad instead of fruit.

• Yeah but I said the name of the people not the name of the country. That had something to do with taxes right?

• Yeah to avoid taxes.

• A tariff I believe.

• Well, America isn't the only example. Should Germany rename itself, considering that Austria is also German?

• Well Austria and Germany is a bit more complicated than that

• There is only 3 countries in North America, Mexico, U. S. and Canada. There are 50 states in the U. S. though

• Nope. All of central America, the Bahamas and the Caribbean are all North America too

• Amerigo only went to south America and the Caribbean. Not the US

• He went to the "New World"

• there's only one country in north america.

• Wot? I guess the others aren't important :/

• yes and geopraphically india is an Asian country do we call them an Asian country? no. do they consider themselves an Asian country? also no.

• Yes we do call them Asian :/

• the white "Americans" are killers and thefts.

• They should call themselves Obamions