Would you be offended if your child changed their name?

question says it all

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 8

• Nope, only if it's an unnecessary change, or they are changing it to something stupid. Since name is the only thing that belongs to you but others use it more then you, thus it dominantly their choice what name they use.

• YES I will, considering that I love them and I really wanted them to like the name, but even so (if they are matured enough) I will not force it to them.

• I wouldn't care at all...

• Yes and then I would tell them sorry for sleeping with his/her mom and say that he/she's adopted

• I hope not, but I wouldn't expect my child to change their name after they've been explained its significance.

• Not if it's one of the nick/pet names I call them.

• Not if it was to something cool like Pizza or an emoji emoticon.

• No. But I would disown them.

jk.

What Girls Said 9

• No, that wouldn't offend me. Not all children like the name they were given. When kids are born, they obviously don't get to choose their own name. Names can be a very personal thing so if my future child wasn't happy with their name and wanted to change it, that wouldn't bother me.

• No, I wouldn't.
    Not all kids like their name.
    As long as they didn't change who they are (racial identity), then I wouldn't be offended.
    To me that is a huge piece of who you are.

• Not really, it's their choice. Maybe a little bit, but not that much, you can't force people to like their name.

• how would you convince your parent not to take offense to changing your name?

• Honestly, I wouldn't really care about what they'd think of my decision.

• yes.. i will b.. i'll b hurt.. and that's why i m going to make sure they have very beautiful and awesome names.. :) :)

• No, I wouldn't be. They have the right to be whoever they want to be.

• I'm not sure, I think its something very personal, a gift to you in a way. They chose that name for the most important person in their life.

• I'd be devastated !

• No... Not really.

• I'd be like Well fuck you too bruh