What's your favorite Italian food?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 7

• Spaghetti and macaroni.

• I was torn between pizza and lasagne and finally chose lasagne because I don't have it as often.

• No contest pizza.

• Risotto seafood

• I love lasagne.

• Cannelloni

• Chicken Alfredo.

What Guys Said 10

• I will have to go with Saltimbocca alla Romana. I love it. Real Italian pizza can also be awesome. Unfortunately, the Italian food you get in the US has quite little in common with authentic Italian cuisine. When I lived in America, I was rather disappointed by the "Italian" food there. Some of the things you guys think are Italian aren't even Italian. For example have I never ever seen one of my Italian friends it Macaroni as they look on that picture (especially not mac and cheese!). I have the advantage of living in Switzerland where we ware direct neighbors with Italy and thus get lots of very authentic Italian food (and it also doesn't take very long to actually travel there). Last summer I spent about two weeks in the Toscana with my girlfriend and the pizzas there are absolutely amazing. They're not those fatty, oversized, overcovered pizzas you get in America or England. Instead, they're very delicate and simple. The dough is very thin and they are covered with just 2-3 ingredients. Amazing :)

• Original Italian Pizza is the best :D

• I like carbonara

• Lasagne and Ravioli

• Pizza and spaghetti, but pizza is #1

• Home made spaghetti da best... but spaghetti from restaurants are 'meh for me'
    SO I say Lasagna, cause where ever I go, the lasagna is always Splendid

• I made some pretty baller Pesto Marinara Tortolleni the other night.

• Spagetti But pizza also there both belissma

• While those are all very good, Italy has far more then bread and pasta, such as.

Cioppino
    Broiled Salmon Pesto and garlic roasted red potatoes
    Clams Italiano
    And Mussels Marinara di Amore

• Pizza... but hot dog pizza

• Hard one, probably lasagne. My least favourite is pizza