Failing all courses?

I'm coming from a very strict education-oriented family and currently, I'm failing all my courses. Based on a 100 percent grading scale, I'm only getting 90/100 in science, 87/100 in religion, 93/100 in music, 89/100 in math, 88/100 in french, 91/100 in art, 85/100 in geography, and worst of all, 85/100 in english! I'm not getting a single 95! Please help :(

Most Helpful Guy

• Lolz.

Grades mean shit, my dear. Don't worry about it. I was a straight A student, both in high school and college--I swear to you, they mean nothing whatsoever.

Don't sweat it.

• Haha try explaining that to a dad who used to get100s all through school, no sweat. Or to a mom who's friends children are all IB/AP programmes and doing better than me :P

• ^^^Thanks that was really helpful. I dunno about you, but living in a Chinese family with friends who all have higher GPAs then me is actually really depressing. University competition is pretty brutal in my area and I'm already aware that our education system does not stack up to Europe's so I have to at least by one of the best in our system

• @teaddicted
      I can see where you would think that, but let's lay off the heat a little, ok? No need for fireworks :)

@asker
      Yeah, I've seen how stressful it can be for Chinese students to deal with family pressures around grades. Compared to other cultures, they have a very strict faith in grades (which I think is unwarranted, but still...), so your situation doesn't surprise me.

The most important thing is simply not to let yourself get stressed from it. And one of the keys to that is use time-limits for study, and also schedule breaks and recreation time--your body and mind NEED to recover from exertion, whether physical or mental, and if you don't plan in time to recover, it will affect your performance.

I schedule work for 50 - 55 minutes, then take a 5 - 10 minute break. I also will schedule time for a full hour off as well to do just anything I want, spur of the moment.

What Guys Said 8

• What's your actual question?

in my opinion, you are overloaded, and need to take fewer courses at a time. You didn't say WHY your grades are lower than you (they) expect, so we have no idea how to help you beyond that.

• Those are all mandatory (6 needed, 2 elective) and basically, I have a huge procrastination problem. I think this entire year I haven't done any homework and I've studied for maybe 1 test. Now my English and stuff are piling up so much that I've just stopped working completely. Help tips?

• Ummmm... Having a solid B as your lowest grade is not bad at all. I'm assuming it is an A-F scale; you know what happens when you assume though...

• ohhhh c'moooon those r good grades!

• Thats not failing.

• Those are all passing scores. You aren't failing, you just feel like you aren't achieving the goals of what you or others have set for you. You are fine. Don't let others bring you down

• LOL you kidding me? Those are Good grades...

• Not by my/my parent's expectations :P

• Oh they haven't seen the updated marks yet. At midterms my marks were all 92-96 but they've all significantl dropped when our teachers gave us the in-class updates. Haha exams better pull me up :P

• Haha LOL best of luck cutie..😊

• Really? -_-

• Lol, she is trying to show off.

• I'm not, science and English at least I'm expected of a 95 and I can't reach it. Worst thing in the world is parent's disapointment and I'm pretty sure that's what's about to happen

• I'm not sure what your trying to enter but Harvard would accept people with your grades.

What Girls Said 4

• How is that failing?

• I thought failing is getting below 50/100..

• Okay it is, better words would be failing by my/parents expectations

• who cares about what your parents think. get out of here no one cares about attention whores.

• Those are pretty good percentages. Don't worry!

• How is that failing?

• Failing by my parents/my expectations is better worded I guess

• If that's really an issue then simply what you need to do is study/try harder. I don't know what else to say.