Is it possible for me to get a full-time job?

Has nothing to do with typical stuff of GaG, but I got curious and figured might as well try asking here.

Basically, I want a full time job. However I have a few complications. One being I'm still in high school technically. I'm 18 and can work full-time hours, but I'm kinda in high school. Like my city has it set so seniors get off a week early and that gives me a week of nothing to do really. I haven't graduated yet, but I, and the rest of the senior class, are told to not come in so I'm free basically. I don't have my diploma yet either, but I'm free.

So can I apply for full time hours early, or do I have to put down part-time and tell them I CAN work full time? I'm really confused. I want a job ASAP while I don't have to compete with juniors and sophomores, and while the other seniors are busy partying and I can still get hired faster. I'm not gonna be stupid and waste my time. I'll be smarter and THEN have fun.

I just need the job to make money for college. I'm coming from a broke family, we barely have money to pay for high school and barely had money when I was in jr. high. I think I'm doing the right thing in making my own cash.

Most Helpful Girl

• get interviewed and tell them you're serious about it

What Girls Said 2

• Start somewhere small at a food outlet for a year. Part time.. before you try to go work for the big guns.

• Nah. I'm going full time, thanks anyway.

I'm 18 and graduated now, its time I act like it in my opinion. At least before college.

• That is confusing. You said in your details that you are still in high school and haven't got your diploma yet.

• Yeah this was before I graduated and seniors had that weird ass week off. I graduated last Friday .

• But what are you qualifies for? You don't have any skills

• Jeez, I'm not looking for a job at a law firm. I meant full time at Wal-Mart or McDonalds or something. I'm 18 and fresh out of high school, obviously I have no skills. Use your brain for a second.

What Guys Said 4

• u are 2 young for it i guess...

• I see 18 y/os working full time all the time, I just meant in my circumstance since I'm not fully graduated yet.

• You could pull it off in theory. You'll never sleep though.

• It's impossible!

• Absolutely... job market is opening wide. I see "Hiring" signs everywhere...