Would you take someone's opinions less seriously because of their age? If so, why?

While answering questions today, the Asker of one of the questions wrote a comment under what I wrote claiming that he was unable to take my response to his question seriously because of my age. However, looking back at what I wrote, I saw nothing wrong with it. In my opinion, if what someone is suggest or stating is rational, I would personally take it into considetation, despite how old they are.

Most Helpful Guy

• Normally I wouldn't judge someone's opinion based on their age, however since being on GAG I have expressed many opinions of many different topics, and have received many replies from teenage girls who are very immature, dumb and tried to be very insulting. I am not the type of person who will paint people with the same brush, but I will judge someone on how they conduct themselves.

What Guys Said 7

• It happens quite often to me.
    I don't care any longer. :D

• Not really but I also wouldn't deny that the opinion of someone can also depends on their age. In some topics, younger crowds can generally have a 'shallow' opinion if you know what I mean.. In some topics, age doesn't really matter.

• if a twelve year old tells me how hard life is, I'm tend not to take him serious.

• Yes I would almost every single time.

• What's you reasoning behind that decision?

• I exaggerated a little bit. If you make a valid point on something I will agree with it even if your 12. However if you're trying to give me advice about something I almost never take it too seriously unless I think it really is good advice but usually that doesn't happen I think...

• I see. Thanks for the input.

• No. If they made a valid point, I'll take it.

• i would not take an opinion from a niglet ( a young nigga)

• I would because there are some matters they don't have experience in yet, also they've got a lack of life experience in general and they're still developing in certain areas of the brain so they'll lack a bit of judgment. Ultimately the opinion will not be of such a well rounded and seasoned character when you compare with an adult.

• Although that may be accurate to a certain extent, I was just answering a question about a very simple topic, such as make-up. While I agree young people such as myself lack the experience and knowledge of an adult, I still hold that our opinions, if rational and valid, should be given at least some amount of consideration.

• When it's about something like that, age doesn't matter. So I suppose ultimately it depends on the subject matter.

What Girls Said 6

• I agree with you. I think adults associate our wisdom and life experience with age which isn't accurate and unfair because some teenagers have much more life- experience and wisdom then many adults.

• That is true. I've come across adults that still have the mentality of an immature teenager. Not many, but I've met a few.

• If you're under 14 I may not take you that seriously unless you make a valid point, but for instance giving advice about life? I don't think so xD

• No, I wouldn't. I hate when people do this.

• No, because if it's good advice then I'll take it.

• Yeah, I do take it into consideration. It depends what I'm asking though.

• I do not..