Convince my mom to let me get a piercing?

I want a piercing but my mom thinks it's feminine. She says I'll have to move out if I do. What's wrong with a piercing? I can still get jobs and stuff. It's not like I have to wear the earring 24/7. How can I convince her? by the way I'm fresh out of highschool and moving out isn't an option yet.

Most Helpful Girl

• You have to wear the earring for 4-6 weeks before you are able to take it out. So you kinda do have to wear it 24/7 and you'll have to deal with the cleaning of it everyday twice a day, making sure to twist it all the time so it doesn't get stuck, possibility of infection as well.
    So I'm guessing she will be paying for this piercing? Which is well here about $15-$20, then another $5 for cleaning products then that's more money spent if it gets infected which it most likely will.

If you're using your own money then I guess you can try reason with her, it's your money, your body, just try not to get kicked into the street :)

What Girls Said 3

• where do you want a piercing? A man with pierced ears is considered almost mainstream those days

• I'm not sure yet. Maybe upper ear

• Tell your mother that it's mainstream fashion to pierce your ears, that it isn't anything peculiar or shameful and it's something you like and it's about your appearance. Otherwise, you could leave your hair a bit longer, so it doesn't show too much or you could wait until you can pay for it yourself

• Yeah I think I'll grow my hair out a bit. Thanks

• as long as you're living under her roof you go by her rules.

• She's just living here just like me. She doesn't pay anything

• just wait until you move out then.

What Guys Said 1

• but u r 18+ no?

• Yeah but she still has a problem. 18 is enough for her to kick me out