Am I the only one getting sick of the State and the way they run things?

So my husband and I have two children. We have been living in our home (that we own) for almost 3 years now. Our morgage is around $480 a month (sometimes more when we want to pay more to get some more payments out of the way). My husband is a roofer and I am in school full time getting my sociology degree. I am now in my third year. For work I do small side jobs (such as nannying and cleaning) and also work part time at a local bar/diner. My husband ended up getting hurt on a job and left himself bedridden until his injuries healed (broke his back). He has been bedridden for a little over a month now, which made me take up over time whenever possible just to pay the bills. Well, last week my morgage company got ahold of me and said due to lack of resources and governmental hardship, my property tax and morgage percentage has raised (which I didn't know it was legal to raise my morgage). I am now looking at $655 a month for my morgage on my home. Mind you, I dont get state assistance. We pay all our bills and pay for daycare (where DHHS has told us we are unqualified for help with funding for daycare). This makes it harder, especially where we are relying on one source of income. Now, on Friday I went into my local DHHS office again in hopes to get temporary assistance, just until my husband was able to work. Upon walking in there, all the seats were taken up by Samalians. Now, I am not a racist person by all means but this hit a nerve. I sat in there for 2 hours and 45 minutes before being called into a room, to be spoken to for 15 minutes about why they could not help me and my family. Their reasoning? There were people who really needed the assistance and I was not one of them. So, totally defeated, I start walking out just to see my next door neighbor (samalian) who does not work AT ALL having his benefits RAISED!!! I have spoke to him before and already know he makes $1,800 off the state without his free housing! What the fuck is up with this picture!!!

Most Helpful Girl

• I know I'm sick of the state's school standards. It's ridiculous, and I'm a student! I'm not even school staff yet the state's requirements drive me crazy. I can't relate to your problems other than the fact that my brother and his wife just bought and moved into a new house (he also has a new job) and they have the same complaints.

What Guys Said 5

• Welcome to capitalism. Don't be angry at the Somalians. Don't stomp downwards. The ones you should be truly pissed at are the ones way at the top who are telling you every day that capitalism works and that it makes everyone happy.

• I'm not pissed at the samalians per-say but the governmental ways is what hits a nerve. I'm going to have to put my education and daycare on hold till the hubby can start work again. It sucks that we have to do such things were I am so close to getting my masters degree and fulfilling my career as a counselor which will provide us with a higher income anyways! I'm tired of dhhs telling me they can help, just to turn around and give it to people who refuse to get a job.

• I could sympathize for you but I think you would rather have some options.
    Look for a new job. Maybe you can intern for the career field you are entering. Go online and start applying.
    Budget like crazy. Reduce spending, stick to eating one meal a day.
    Student financial aid. These funds are also available for living expenses. Be careful what you borrow. You'll have to pay it back in the end.
    Sell stuff you don't need. Craigslist and Amazon are a good place.
    You're in a tough spot but you'll be okay.

• I can sneak by with one meal a day but my babies can't. But I have been budgeting like crazy and it has helped little by little.

• Little by little helps... I know. I have two babies. 😆

• hope this won't happen 2 him again at least...

• CHAOS AND ANARCHY

• YES! VIVA LA REVELUCION!

What Girls Said 3

• This is a hard situation to be in. I am so sorry that this is happening to your family. I hope your husband gets better soon. I am not sure of the laws in your State, but it seems like that is an incredible hike on your mortgage (sounds fishy). Some banks, Chase etc... have been getting in legal trouble for doing this to homeowners. I would see if an attorney in your State can do a free case evaluation. I know it sucks, but this may be the only other option for your family. The lawyer could make it a class action, represent you, or do anything to help you. Typically, Lawyers that do class actions or work for consumers will work for you for free. Hope this helps.

• Life is unfair.

• not the only one!