Why are some people too relaxed about periods?

periods are gross. people say it's "just blood" but that is exactly it. it is blood. that smells. and has uterous lining in it. i'm not saying it should be taboo but it's not someting to be too relaxed about in my opinion. i get the idea that some men just say periods aren't gross because they want to seem politically correct. being politically correct is all well and good, in moderation of course. it's when you put on this act that you are the most accepting and non-offensive person in the world that it just takes the piss. personally, i find any bodily fluid/discharge that isn't mine to be disgusting (even if it is mine) so i call bullshit on people who says it's not gross.
i don't think i'm wording my opinion that well but i cba changing it or adding more so i'll just leave this here.

• I disagree. Periods are not gross in the slightest.
  • I agree. Periods are gross.
  • Other
just to clarify. i know it is normal. i am saying that people shouldn't be so relaxed about it because that is human waste just like feces and urine.
now i know why i felt that i didn't word my opinion correctly because i forgot to add that i don't think periods are some unhumane alien thing that must be suppressed by society

Most Helpful Girl

• More gross things happen though, so its really not freak out worthy.

Most Helpful Guy

• I mean, I guess it's "gross" in the fact that it's not really pretty, but they are natural. It's natural, happens to every girl, and is just a part of life. It's not disgusting and it shouldn't be banned from conversation. I want to be a medic, I can't expect to deal with trauma if I get grossed out about a natural human bodily function.

• THIS IS EAXACTLY WHAT I'M TRYING TO SAY

• "I mean, I guess it's "gross" in the fact that it's not really pretty, but they are natural. It's natural, happens to every girl, and is just a part of life. It's not disgusting and it shouldn't be banned from conversation."

• Thank you for MHO

What Girls Said 9

• honey tell me how it's a human waste? without them we won't carry a baby or won't even have one. I honestly feel offended by your statement. Dare to tell this to your future wife. I understand that some people find it gross, but please, keep that to yourself. That is how girls are made. It's the exact same thing for guys, but you ejaculate during the night. I'm not going to say it's gross because it's something normal. that's one of the differences between a guy and a girl.
    I hope i do not sound rude cause it's not my intention.

• You must be young or just really close minded. Don't worry you'll hopefully grow up.

• read te update

• ugh. you clearly don't.
      i am not saying that the idea of periods are gross and should be forbidden in conversation. i am saying that LITERAL PERIOD IS GROSS. DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME NOW?

• I always understood! I don't find the blood gross! It is just a little blood! My goodness bud ou need to relax

• Grow up! It's natural and normal. Yes blood comes out, you have clots and lining but that's because you didn't get pregnant so your body has to shed all that out. We can't help it

• read the update

• I get that blood comes out. There are clots, uterine lining. It's not pretty, sexy. The while context of it is gross. Anything else you are trying to say that I don't understand?

• Okay? What do you suggest we do?

• again.
      someone doesn't know what i mean.

• the irony level is so high right now

• 'The irony level is so high right now' - lol okay.

• I mean, I'd rather not have one at all but I'm not disgusted with myself when I do.

• read te update

• "Pissbaby" ... 😄😆

• I wish I had something interesting to say, but that was just too awesome 😄

• Not surprising that you're a little boy

• Shit its something that we can't control. It's normal, it's part of us.

• i know it's normal and i'm not saying you're disgusting for having periods. I'm just saying that some people shouldn't be so "oh, it's just blood no biggie" like no that is human waste. periods are just like piss and shit in my eyes. except it's once a month and extremely painful and uncomfortable.

• what on earth do you mean?

• Ugh. I was trying to word ur opinion in a nice way.

• I am NOT relaxed about it... I BLEED OUT OF MY FUCKING VAGINA ONCE A MONTH AND I'M STILL ALIVE! !!! Read this and understand that I do not take it lightly!

• Dude, it's normal.

What Guys Said 5

• Grow up. Bodily fluids are not gross, they're just bodily fluids. Imagine you had an accident and doctors had to assemble your body parts back together again. Would you want your doctors to be just all whiny and say: "ewwww I can't perform this surgery, there is BLOOD!!!"?
    Period blood is just blood, just like the blood that flows through your veins. I don't find blood gross. I even lick it off my wounds when I hurt myself. I also don't think other people's saliva is gross, otherwise I could never french kiss with my girlfriend or share my fork or my glass with my best guy friend, siblings or parents. Some people even get turned on by drinking their SO's pee. So what? Why can't you just accept that everyone is different. And what's so gross about the uterus? It's just organic material. I don't find period blood particularly pleasant but I really don't mind it. Not only because I love my girlfriend but because I am used to it. My best friend works in a retirement home where one of his tasks is to shower the old people with dementia and help them use the toilet. One time I asked him "doesn't it bother you to clean an old person's butt after they just had a really bad diarrhea?" He replied: "The first time I experienced that I thought it was really disgusting. The second time I thought it was sort of disgusting. Nowadays, I don't even notice anymore. Everyone poops and you get used to it very quickly." Considering period blood is not even closely as bad as diarrhea, I really can't see any problems with it. I think you have to mature a lot.

• I don't even need to read that paragraph because i know for a fact you don't know what i mean.

• Wow, what an immature little brat you are. Obviously your parents did a terrible job. Learn to be respectful before you even talk to people on here.

• lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Don't worry you're < 18. You'll grow up out of this immature mentality.

• Why offended young one?

• my comment pretty much speaks for itself, don't you think?

• "B"... yeah... i admit it :(

• I just have to say that you are the most immature, squeamish and just plain low person I can ever remember knowing. Periods are perfectly natural for the women in our lives and you yourself wouldn't be here without one. Grow up.

• Because we grew up