I get water in my nose when I swim deep underwater?

So when I swim under the water but close to thw surface I dont get water in my nose, but when I go a little deep underwater to like touch the ground with my hands.. water starts to go in my nose.. or when I jump in the pool or do a flip.. but other people do itjust fine I don't get it.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 5

• That is caused by the pressure change as you go deeper. It takes practice, but as you go deeper you need to learn to almost force air out your nose, as deeper depths require more pressure to keep the water out of your nosrtils.

• yup... u should b careful... and don't breathe from da nose when u r underwater :)

• Just exhale through your nose the whole time you're under. That's what we swimmers do.

• Maybe the size of the nostrils is a major factor? You can always buy nose plugs... those look cool.

• Damn, you got problems!

What Girls Said 7

• u need to breathe out through ur nostrils. dont breathe in. as soon you feel you need to breathe in again you need to come to the surface.

• That's weird. I never understood why people couldn't swim without plugging their nose.
    Try blowing air out your nose when you feel it happening

• People are saying to use nose plugs but we are capable of swimming without one.

Exhale through your nose (blow bubbles with nose) it works wonders. By your mouth is when you are losing air.

The reason why synchronized swimming girls have a nose plug is because they continuously quickly go from in to out of the water for a while.

• If you don't hold your nose or wear a noseclip you'll get water up your nose if you go underwater.

It's simply that water up the nose bothers some people & doesn't bother others.

• You could always try a nose plug

• Get a nose plug.

• But other people dont use a nose plug? I wanna know what im doing wrong.

• I wanna learn..

• There is no need for a nose plug. Just breathe out your nose while your under there and water can't get in. That's what lap swimmers do.

• its normal.