Guys, do all guys prefer a confident girl over a shy girl?

what do you prefer?

• i dont mind dating a shy girl
    89% (57)
  • i only go for outgoing girls
    11% (7)
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll

28

Most Helpful Guy

• For one, the two aren't necessarily exclusive.

And also, insecure is far better than over-confident. If a girl is feeling down on herself, I feel motivated to lift her spirits. If a girl thinks she's the hottest thing to walk in the room, I usually just shut my mouth to avoid trying to compensate her inflated ego.

And damn, an insecure girl is only freaking human. You don't need to be an expert at forming words or networking or anything. And the nice thing is that if you let her be human, she has a chance to let you be human. That has been my experience.

• I agree that over-confidence is bad. Also because it can easily turn into opinionated arrogance as I've encountered even on this website. But you can't really break through true insecurity. You can try to accommodate and encourage, but in the end it's the girl's perception of herself which needs to change. It's difficult to accomplish that.

What Guys Said 27

• As long as she was adventurous and outgoing in bed

• I voted "A", because I actually PREFER shy girls. Unfortunately, these type of girls are rare, as almost every girl I come across is talkative and not the least bit reserved. I think talkative or outgoing girls can get annoying.

With this being said, I'll answer your question. First of all, you can be confident AND shy. On the other hand, you can be outgoing and not confident at all. I prefer shy AND confident girls. My cousin through marriage is arguably the shyest person I've ever met. He literally never talks and has social anxiety issues. However, he's also confident and doesn't get down on himself.

• I need an outgoing girl. I'm boring enough for the both of us.

• I find confidence intimidating. I'm drawn to insecure girls because they are easier to approach. And they make me feel needed and appreciated.

• I like shy and pure is all

• I always have a preference towards outgoing girls. It's difficult to talk to a girl who's shy and not easily able to open up.

• True, it feels like you're doing all the work. Some do get a lot more confident once you break through their shell, though.

• I know plenty of shy women who are confident. I noticed in your voting you changed "confident" to "outgoing." Those aren't the same, either.

Since I think you meant shy vs. outgoing, I'll answer that I don't have a preference. I could go out with either one. I don't think one is more appealing than the other.

• You can be both shy and sure of yourself. I like those.

• Oh wow I'm part of the minority I voted B because I can't stand people that are quieter than me since I am trying so hard to be outgoing.

• shy girls.
    "Party girls" are a total turn off.

• They're not mutually exclusive.

• I suppose one can be outgoing while being shy about other aspects. But extreme shyness and confidence usually do not mix.

• @BCRanger10 BINGO! I Was thinking the same thing. I have no idea why people think your inner-self-esteem and confidence is connected to how frequent you speak or how reserved you are.

• shyness is not desirable.

• outgoin yo 8)

• My preference is a shy girl.

• Either one's fine with me

• A pretty one.

• I like a balance between both types.

• i prefer outgoing.

• no such thing as a shy female. I've never seen one.

• Most likely situational bias. Shy and socially awkward girls most likely wouldn't gather at places such as parties, disco's and the likes.

• Girls say their shy yet I always see them talking a lot with lots of friends.

• I am shy myself.

• outgoing and confident are different. the girl i like is shy and outgoing.

• Shy girls are fine too

• Doesn't matter.

• I prefer confident girls, since I'm very shy myself.

• I think shy girls are cute but it's not about confidence. Girls who can take the initiative have my respect, you don't necessarily need to be the most confident person to do that.

I'd rather a shy girl that can do things the confident girl does.

• But shyness is an antonym of confidence. They often cannot go hand-in-hand.

• I prefer shy women.

• id prefer a kind shy girl over a confident bitch, but a confident kind girl over a shy bitch or psycho... .