Why is it when a lot of women proclaim that there are no good men left or out there they always forget to imply that?

When they say good men , they mean good men who are attractive... Why do they forget to imply that? For those women (not all women) who think there's no good men out there or left, I'm pretty sure it is, and I'm sure you have crossed paths with one you just don't them attractive I just don't understand why its so hard to imply.

Most Helpful Girl

• I will put this into simply and it's all in my honest opinion. Whenever you hear a woman saying that, 90% of the time in my belief, the woman acknowledges the fact that there are SOME good men out there--it's just not overtly stated. The majority of women understand this unsaid statement, but the primary focus of the conversation is the seemingly overwhelming amount of undesirable men that appear in this woman's range of focus (either by her own ill choices or unwanted advances). So it doesn't need to be said because women understand what she's saying... and that's more than likely the gender she's speaking to.

There will be people who say, "Well, there ARE good men..." and you'll hear the woman say, "I know that" or something of the like. It might seem like she's speaking in generalizations, but it's typically understood by us what she meant so there's no reason to mince words.

Also, the "attractive" bit is also unstated for many women because this should be obvious. I remember writing a story on Experience Project about this topic and getting a large amount of men saying "There are good men everywhere" because I didn't clarify that I meant "good attractive men". But the majority of women understood where I was coming from so that was interesting.

Going back to my first point, there will be some women who say "There aren't any good men". Someone will say, "Yeah. There are. Not ALL men are bad". And she'll say "True." which should send up a flag that she was thinking in a bigoted mind-set about men (probably has been hurt one too many times or is bitter).

Anyway, it's not about "implying". It's simply unsaid and understood... by the majority of women in my opinion. When it comes to talking to you guys, I realize that I have to be VERY CLEAR in what I say, because if I leave one word out, the whole meaning seems to change for a lot of you.

• Thissss.

• (Triple face palm ) I'm not talking about body language . Plenty of women will say that its all about confidence and personality. I even heard women say that as long as a guy is confident it won't matter how ugly he is because he will be able to get any woman he wants and that's a straight up lie.

• That's NOT a lie. That is how some people work. Duh. Common sense. Not all people are the same and some people are fine being with someone that might not be physically attractive to them but they love them anyway.

This isn't hard to understand.

What Girls Said 6

• I have never heard a woman say that there no good men left that are good looking but i'm sure there are women that do want that and I don't see the problem with it being that it's normal for your ideal mate to be attractive, whatever that means to everyone. Also what a good man means to one woman won't mean the same thing for another everyone does not want the same things in a person. I see no reason to say that I want an attractive good man because what I find attractive changes periodically lol and the qualities that I look for definitely outweigh the looks but most guys are not buying that so I don't say it because I'm not up for a debate over my preference Idc who does not believe it. I'm not saying that looks don't matter it's not the most important thing and quite frankly I never even find myself saying that there are no good men left any way because I know that is not true.

• I must admitt i am one of those women who forget to imply that I want an attractive man who treats me right but I think the real reason most women like myself dont imply that, is because it should already be implied in the first place. when we talk about any man of course we want him to be attractive or appeal in some physical way. Therefore I feel no need to say I want him to be attractive as well because who wants to be with someone they don't find physically attractive in some type of way.

• But wouldn't it be better to be blunt and just say that? Especially when a lot of women proclaim that personality, etc is all that counts when that's not true?

• Lol well thank you. You've given me something to think about

• you check out my facebook yet?

• Isn't that what good men implies by itself? Like "ideal guy".

• It only takes one guy, just one guy, to ruin the whole male population that's why

• Well do you also believe the same thing when it comes to women? Or do you believe your comment only applies to men?

• So both the male and female pop is ruined because of one guy/girl? Or is it easier to blame bad choices on others?

• When you're hurting its easier to put the blame on others. I used to generalize before because one guy hurt me and I thought they're all the same. But people change, we age, we mature.

• maybe they forget or it's too much to say

• They just haven't found the right one yet.

What Guys Said 2

• Because saying "There are no kind-hearted, good looking, funny, intelligent men who are well off financially left out there. :(" makes one sound fairly picky and shallow.

Men get shit for being too blunt about what they want and coming off as shallow and women get shit for being too cryptic to avoid sounding shallow and annoying the guys that think they are being overlooked or that women don't know what they want.

Neither side can win.

• There are no women worth being good for, not a single one!